Father in law

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 18, 2011
Today was a truly great day. My father-in-law had his first scan since being diagnosed and there were no visible signs of the cancer, which means that the chemotherapy is working. Obviously this is not a victory over cancer and the fight will continue, but the news was fantastic and it feels good to celebrate a bit. Anyway, just an update. Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Today was a truly great day. My father-in-law had his first scan since being diagnosed and there were no visible signs of the cancer, which means that the chemotherapy is working. Obviously this is not a victory over cancer and the fight will continue, but the news was fantastic and it feels good to celebrate a bit. Anyway, just an update. Thanks again for all the well wishes and prayers.
29! Great news! We have an awesome God! Thank you for the update! We will continue praying for him.

Jun 29, 2013
29, that just breaks my heart to read the initial post. God Speed for your father in law in this fight, know that I'm praying for you and your family.

Oct 22, 2009
I love hearing stories of how family members, love to be involved in their families lives.

My own family was very uninvolved with me due to the fact I was born female. I was an accomplished horseman in my youth, did stadium jumping, dressage, etc. But my own father, grandparents etc, never saw me ride. My mother did, only because she drove me to the shows, but as for emotional support, there would be none of that.

This same attitude carried over to my DD when she played softball.
All her career she wanted her grandparents to see her play ball. All of her other teammates had great fun when their grandparents when they made the games.

I continually asked them telling them how important it was to her and finally during her senior year of college they said they would.
She was so happy. So they made one game. They told her she did a good a job and she was as pleased as she ever could be.

It may not be important for you to be involved in a family members life, but to the family member it's the world.:)

Oct 19, 2009
I love hearing stories of how family members, love to be involved in their families lives.

My own family was very uninvolved with me due to the fact I was born female. I was an accomplished horseman in my youth, did stadium jumping, dressage, etc. But my own father, grandparents etc, never saw me ride. My mother did, only because she drove me to the shows, but as for emotional support, there would be none of that.

This same attitude carried over to my DD when she played softball.
All her career she wanted her grandparents to see her play ball. All of her other teammates had great fun when their grandparents when they made the games.

I continually asked them telling them how important it was to her and finally during her senior year of college they said they would.
She was so happy. So they made one game. They told her she did a good a job and she was as pleased as she ever could be.

It may not be important for you to be involved in a family members life, but to the family member it's the world.:)

DD, who is a college junior, has one grand parent living who has yet to see her graduate from any school, play her first ball game or attend any functions she has been apart off.

Grand parent now wonders why DD never comes to see them?

Oct 22, 2009
DD, who is a college junior, has one grand parent living who has yet to see her graduate from any school, play her first ball game or attend any functions she has been apart off.

Grand parent now wonders why DD never comes to see them?

Growing up I never thought much about it, but when I saw how it affected my DD, that is when I became more vocal about it. Made me realize how much their empathy did affect me.
I had an older brother who was a star quarterback for 4yrs in high school, they never missed a game. They went to his graduation everything.
I'm just happy I was persuasive enough to get them to see that game. My mother passed away unexpectedly 3yrs later.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp