End of season.Time to start new season.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Dosent really matter if it is off a tee , look at her chest, it is turned totally toward the pitcher, that means her front side has completely opened up at contact. Look at most high level hitters at contact you will see the chest is at best a 45 degree angle to the pitcher. If you see an arm bar that means that she has bled off her power before contact. The coil we all strive to have at contact is gone. Keep the front shoulder closed as long as possible.

Throw her an out side pitch ..... if she hits it all all it will be a shank. If the arm straightens at contact the bat shortens also. Work on the front elbow getting her to contact before the front shoulder flies open.

Tim

20qffgp.jpg

28k1xzc.jpg

Oct 14, 2008
they kind of all look alike dont they?...... Do we know if those swings were right down the middle like a ball on the tee would be?

Oct 14, 2008
So do I, it shows that the weight has transferred enough forward for the core to coil behind the ball, that the upper body is not lagging behind the lower and that the front shoulder has stayed in long enough for the two halves to complete the job at contact.

Tim

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
C'mon ... you are a Yeagerite ... and as such you know the value of maintaining, and even increasing, the extension of the lead arm from launch to contact. The issue here is with excessive E-LAE ... a misunderstanding of loading the hands 'rearward' versus 'backward' ... a misunderstanding of the top hand/arm's job during the load versus the bottom hand/arm's job during the load.

Oct 14, 2008
No im a Bustoite lol........... I believe in maintaing the Lead arm for its value to drive forward and up instead of using the front shoulder to rotate around upon getting to contact. The extension of the lead arm to me is irrelevant after the first 3 to 4 inches, from there it just rides to extension and then releases to a nice one arm finish high above the shoulder.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors