End of season.Time to start new season.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Here is DD hitting off a tee.To muddy and raining for pitch machine.This is where we are with Laura's swing.What should we work on in the fall and winter to get her ready for softball tryouts.She will be a freshman this school year.She is 5'2 100lbs jumping on the scale.I will post 3 video's 2 off a low tee and 1 off a waist high tee.Thanks for the help.

20120805122300 - YouTube

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Here is DD hitting off a tee.To muddy and raining for pitch machine.This is where we are with Laura's swing.What should we work on in the fall and winter to get her ready for softball tryouts.She will be a freshman this school year.She is 5'2 100lbs jumping on the scale.I will post 3 video's 2 off a low tee and 1 off a waist high tee.Thanks for the help.

20120805122300 - YouTube

Personally I hit with the tee deeper. If you stop the swing at impact, look at position of body and arms.
I dont have the means to do that, I just reconize it at full speed...

Can someone post a still photo or slow motion video at impact??
Lets look at the body parts at impact

SL

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
Moving too fast for me. Slo-mo needed. :)

But one thing that I notice is that she has her front arm locked out (straight) far too soon. She appears to lock it right as the swing begins, if not before. My DD can be premature with extending also, and others on my team as well. So I'd be interested in getting comment on that, as well as any solutions. :)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Nice swing.
Do you guys ever think about slapping? Just the God honest truth, she is the same size as my 9 year old. If my softball dd wasn't like top 10% in size and was a faster runner, she would not doubt be on the left side of the plate slapping.

Apr 6, 2012
If you want to be a successful slapper you had better be extremely fast AND you had better learn how to do more than slap.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
If you want to be a successful slapper you had better be extremely fast AND you had better learn how to do more than slap.

So....what do you do with a 100 lb girl coach?

Soft slap, chop slap, drag bunt, hard slap, what more could you want?

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I am her hitting coach,the best that we can afford.Everything I learned was from this site and 1 other(BBD) What I see is yes,I see her straighten her arms sooner then I think she should.I have slowed down video of DD hitting and she does not have the frt arm bent as much as I think it should be at impact.Not sure how to teach that.I'm afraid of frt arm drills only,because I haven't seen any and really not sure how to teach.I also would prefer less bat wrap,think she is getting better.I also would like her to get more forward momentum and less sit back on the back leg.She is close to bug squishing,to be truthful.The other problem I see is(not off tee,but when I pitch to her)her frt shoulder flies open to soon,so when she hits some times it a slicing swing.This will cause a back spin on the ball.I would like her to keep her frt shoulder in more.Lastly DD over rotates on every swing.Even if the ball goes to rf(rht batter) her bellybutton/frt shoulder will point to lf.Being honest with what I see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom