Email's and what they imply!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
DD is a sophomore this year and has received several emails from D1 & D2. (they were sent to the manager and then forwarded to her). My question is for those experienced people that have been through this process as to what the emails imply. Below is some info about one school in particular.

Background we have attended 4 camps where this school has been present. 2 on campus and 2 off. First camp the HC talked with the manager about DD and got more info on her from him and had AC provide a group tour for several girls and parents. Second Camp the HC & AC talked with DD just about school and the season and had her try some new things to check her ability to learn and listen and again provided a tour this time with a player on the team we know. Third camp was the first time AC saw DD catch and provided me and her with great feedback, no tour as this was not on campus. Fourth camp HC saw DD play in scrimmage games, hit and catch. HC spoke with me at the camp and said make sure DD keeps the HC up to date on schedule.

Today's Email: I wanted to touch base with you about PLAYER. We will be having some camps coming up and will be emailing out the info soon. Please let PLAYER know I can't contact her but wanted her to know I'm not ignoring her.

I could read into this for days, but could use some knowledge dropped on me. I know this could mean a million things, but hoping someone had some similar contact and could provide some guidance.

Jul 26, 2016
Cant speak for the email you got but its funny how some folks perceive emails.

Most of which are simply group emails to a LARGE group of addresses which another camp has made available.
Know a guy who'd call me and claim his kid was getting emails from School X, Y and Z as legit 'communication'...which were simply 'Come pay us at our Camp'

Nov 18, 2013
I always found it funny when people who aren't getting contacted act like it doesn't mean anything or its a money grab.

This sounds like genuine interest. My advice would be to call the coach and ask them. if I had it to do over again I'd ask more questions and not make any assumptions.

Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
My thoughts and remember you are getting exactly what you paid for my thoughts!

No interest by the school:
General come to our camp notices and you pay for the camp.
They are asking you to come and help them with their fundraiser.

Initial basic interest by the school:
Specific we are having a camp and would like to see you there and you pay for the camp.
The player is on a list along with probably 100 other kids.

Genuine interest by the school:
Specific come to the camp and the school covers the camp cost.
The player is on a short list and they want to see her in action.

Jun 3, 2015
It's kind of nice when the coaches are able to contact the players.. My daughter is in her Junior year and is in contact with several D2 schools, so we know the interest is real. If they are contacting your daughter's TB team, then it seems like real interest. If it was a general camp invite they can send those out to anyone directly, right?

Sep 28, 2015
I'm no expert and find this whole process awful BUT I think that sounds like a good email. Yes - schools definitely send bulk camp emails (we def read more into them in the beginning too) BUT I am also finding that some coaches cast their nets very wide. I find that if I mention a school In conversation that they have also contacted their kids too. I mentioned on another thread how one school was sending my DD the best - we want you, top of our want list emails and then we hear they verballed another girl - why not my DD?!? If it's a school your DD likes - just keep going and contacting them until they give you a reason not too!! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2013
My thoughts and remember you are getting exactly what you paid for my thoughts!

No interest by the school:
General come to our camp notices and you pay for the camp.
They are asking you to come and help them with their fundraiser.

Initial basic interest by the school:
Specific we are having a camp and would like to see you there and you pay for the camp.
The player is on a list along with probably 100 other kids.

Genuine interest by the school:
Specific come to the camp and the school covers the camp cost.
The player is on a short list and they want to see her in action.

D1 schools can't cover camp costs. I would imagine the others have similar restrictions

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
This wasn't a mass email that was sent to DD's coach. The email was personalized to him about her and our schedule this year. There was some other things in it that didn't pertain to DD. I'm trying not to read into it, but have gotten great feedback from the HC and have had conversations at camps. Definitely not getting hopes up as this is a D1 that's been to the WCWS in recent years and pulls pretty good talent. Not saying my DD isn't good in my eyes but sometimes you get to wondering are we doing this process the right way.

Oct 2, 2015
I'd say it's a legit email...
what does it mean?...
It means, get a higher limit on your credit card, cuz you're gonna be playin' a lot of travel ball the next few years! :D
Congrats!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA