Easton Synge

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
Just received the Easton Synge (32/-11.5) we're going to give our DD for Christmas. Hasn't been used yet, but just swinging it in the living room was impressive. I'm 99% sure my DD will love it. It's 20.5 ounces, but feels lighter than the Easton Mystique (31/-11.5) that she currently is using (19.5 ounces). Can't wait to see her use it this Spring!

Oct 31, 2010
I'm looking at getting my DD the 30/18.5 for Christmas. They do feel really nice when swinging (although it's only been swung in the store so far). We were looking at a few bats in the store...with very limited selection and she seemed to like the feel of that one. Hope it works out well for your DD!

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
I couldn't find an Easton Synge in a store near where we live, so I had to order it over the internet and keep my fingers crossed. I was a little nervous never having actually swung one before buying it, but felt much better once it arrived. Good luck with your bat selection.

Oct 23, 2009
Los Angeles
My DD has been using the 30/18.5 for the past 6 months and it is a great "affordable" composite. The weight balance is good and had excellent pop right out of the wrapper. I also like the large drop on it (-11.5) with the extra barrel length and sweet spot. It's slightly big for my DD (she chokes up an 1 to 1.5 inches) but is hitting it well and will grow into the bat next season so I don't have to be buying a new composite every year! You cannot go wrong with the Synge. Enjoy.

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
my dd's easton synge has alot of vibration? it's only a couple months old and we've been trying to use it to break it in? but her hands are all red and stinging when she's done.she's a real slugger, but i don't want her to be worried about how much her hands are gonna hurt if she swings hard? is it not broken in yet? or a manufacturer problem? any thoughts? no she doesn't wear batting gloves and says she doesn't want to, because she's had so much success without them. ????

Jul 26, 2010
All of the single piece composite bats are going to vibrate more then the two piece bats. Believe it or not, the synergy clarity, the bat the synge replaced, was the absolute worst for vibration/sting.

That said, if she's ALWAYS having vibration issues, it may be a mechanical issue and not a bat issue. That bat shouldn't sting if she hits on the sweet spot with a firm grip inside her fingers (not her hand) at the time of contact.

If she's still having issues after examining her mechanics, you may want to look at a two piece bat. The only thing in the weight range of the Synge I can think of would be the Dimarini Vendetta.

-W

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
she has used an two piece for that last two years and loved it !!! i think it's broke it's been making a wierd sound. and i can't tell how much that bat means to her." LOVES IT" so i tried the synge and on the sweet spot it's ok, but anywhere else? forget it. i bought the synge because the new stealth is so much. has anyone tried the new stealth?

Oct 18, 2009
has anyone tried the new stealth?

My 11yo demo'd the 2011 stealth speed the other day. the purple/white one -10. while they say its balanced i think its not as evenly balanced as other bats and a little more end loaded than my dd could handle. she settled on the cf4 -10 as she was able to handle that better. there is a girl on her team with the new stealth. the ball really travels "if" she hits it. imho, the stealth is a great bat if the hitter has the ability to use it.

Oct 31, 2010
My DD has been using $50 aluminum bats in coach pitch, she has batting gloves but she rarely uses them. She is also being taught to switch hit, slap, and bunt.. so do you think the vibration will be any worse than the bats she has been using? I'm still not totally sure on the size I should get her either. SoCalSoftballdad, how old is your DD if you don't mind me asking since she is using a 30/18.5? My DD swung the 30/18.5 in the store and said it felt really light, I think I am going to go by the store after she gets out of school tomorrow to see if they have the 31/19.5 back in stock. I just don't want to buy a bat that she's going to use for 2-3 months and then need a new one :)

gvm

Sep 3, 2010
see that's gonna be a problem for my dd too. if the stealth is end loaded? so how's the cf4? do you feel that's more balanced? my problem is.. she loves the longer bats, but then i have to worry about the weight? her old bat was perfect, but it was old and "they don't make'm anymore.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad