Easton Bat

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 15, 2011
FL
14U DD's Easton Stealth Speed 33/23 is starting to crack, so obviously someone smelled the money in my wallet ;)
Easton no longer makes this model, so I was wondering what their 2013/14 equivalent model would be? For living in FL, it is AMAZING how little space is given to softball equipment in the chain stores. And generally then only the low end of the spectrum. DD always seems to break her bat this time of year during model changeovers. After 8 years of softball insanity, you think I would know more about bats besides the price =)

May 31, 2012
UF is sponsored by easton. The whole team still swings the purple and white stealths. Walton uses the black and yellow brigade for warmups. The players take pics and do promos with brigades but come game time its all stealths. If you look hard enough you can find any bat.

Jan 26, 2012
A, A
My understanding is that the Stealth is now th FX line (not to be confused with the FS which is the Synergy replacement) The FX1 is for power hitters and the FX2 is for slappers.

Oct 10, 2011
The FS1 is the two piece (it feels like a one piece) the FS2 is the one piece...go figure they try to confuse people. The FS1 is the same bat with a new handle and stronger connection. Otherwise, they are the exact same bat as last years models...which is a good thing. The reason the teams are using the older models is because they are broken in better IMO, and the DO get hotter over time. Your bat can easily be found. I just bought a NIW Stealth Speed that is several years old.

Nov 21, 2012
New England
My understanding is that the Stealth is now th FX line (not to be confused with the FS which is the Synergy replacement) The FX1 is for power hitters and the FX2 is for slappers.

This isn't quite right.
Its a little confusing but here it is.
The fs1 and fx1 are the new stealths. These are the 2 piece bats. The fs2 and fx2 are the new synergys. These are the 1 piece bats. (Yeah the 1's are 2 piece and the 2's are one piece.)
The fs1 is a -10 and replaces the white and purple stealth.
The fx1 is a -9 and replaces the black and purple stealth.
The fs2 is a -10, and fx2 is a -9 and replace the synergys.

Told you it was confusing. :)

Mar 29, 2012
fs1 is the new -10 stealth for 2013. the -10 2012 stealth is the fp11st10 model (white and purple) and can be had on ebay for $150 or less. You can get them much cheaper online than at a chain store most the time.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
fballchgup nailed it, I will only add that the FX line is end-loaded, while FS bats are balanced.

DD loved her friend's -9 Stealth, is also very happy with the FX1. I couldn't tell you how similar they actually are to swing.

Apr 10, 2013
Because it easier for them to categorize in their system, that's what I was told by Easton CS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619