East Coast IDT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2014
Anyone gave any experience with this?

It must be a new event at most 1 year old because DD is a 2022 and this didn't exist then. I still keep tabs on the teams from her org and don't remember this last year either so most likely 2024 will be the 1st year for this tournament.

DD played in many events run by nightmare over the years and they did a nice job but I am skeptical they will get the top Northeast teams to attend this event as most of the top teams go to Colorado.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
It's a new event at the new Adventure Park, which is a great complex. Nightmare runs very good events with good coach exposure. I think they'll be successful. Sure, your top teams will be at Legacy, but this will draw a lot of regional teams and good competition.

As for it only being eight fields, that's not an issue when you're limiting it to 48 teams. ERIS in Illinois only uses a four field complex.

Nov 18, 2015
8 fields? That's it?
They also have a beer garden on premises. For some (many?) - that makes the # of fields irrelevant. :)

Also - we did the USSSA Nationals there last year - typical multi-use turf fields, but the temporary fencing was several steps above the orange construction netting.

It's right next door to Great Adventure (Six Flags) - and to sound like a teenager - "literally" right next door. They've somehow tied their storm warning system into the parks, which I thought was a good idea from a safety perspective.

It was late June when we went, so of course it rained. We had a 20-30 minute downpour, and within minutes of the rain stopping, we were back playing with no lingering puddles or noticeable water issues. Our previous year, both the losers AND winners brackets got cancelled in Nashville due to similar amounts of rain. I'll always prefer dirt and grass, but if you're traveling out of town, I appreciate the ability to get all your games in.

They even "groomed" the fields to level out any ridges or mini-divots in the rubber fill.

And while I'm sure the coaches lunch is dependent upon who the director is, you just can't beat a meal catered by an Italian deli in NJ...

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
but the temporary fencing was several steps above the orange construction netting.
I would hesitate to call them temporary. I would call them moveable. When we played TNJ there in June, our fields were 220' and at least 8' high. Compare that to the next week at the Colorado IDT where they were 200' and 3' high!

May 27, 2013
They also have a beer garden on premises. For some (many?) - that makes the # of fields irrelevant. :)

Also - we did the USSSA Nationals there last year - typical multi-use turf fields, but the temporary fencing was several steps above the orange construction netting.

It's right next door to Great Adventure (Six Flags) - and to sound like a teenager - "literally" right next door. They've somehow tied their storm warning system into the parks, which I thought was a good idea from a safety perspective.

It was late June when we went, so of course it rained. We had a 20-30 minute downpour, and within minutes of the rain stopping, we were back playing with no lingering puddles or noticeable water issues. Our previous year, both the losers AND winners brackets got cancelled in Nashville due to similar amounts of rain. I'll always prefer dirt and grass, but if you're traveling out of town, I appreciate the ability to get all your games in.

They even "groomed" the fields to level out any ridges or mini-divots in the rubber fill.

And while I'm sure the coaches lunch is dependent upon who the director is, you just can't beat a meal catered by an Italian deli in NJ...
Just to add - if you are from out of the area and are staying overnight you are only about 30-40 min from the Jersey shore, as well.

Feb 24, 2022
The have a dome with a full sized field on site, and have an on-site hotel opening either this year or next. Also, I believe they are in the process of adding 3(?) more fields.

Look, they aren't going to displace any of the larger national events overnight. I think their goal is to be a very viable alternative to the USSSA Nationals in MD within another year or so (last year was their first time hosting a "nationals"), while adding more high profile events.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The have a dome with a full sized field on site, and have an on-site hotel opening either this year or next. Also, I believe they are in the process of adding 3(?) more fields.

Look, they aren't going to displace any of the larger national events overnight. I think their goal is to be a very viable alternative to the USSSA Nationals in MD within another year or so (last year was their first time hosting a "nationals"), while adding more high profile events.
I had not heard of them adding fields. They will be finished just in time for my daughter to be done with travel...

Feb 24, 2022
I had not heard of them adding fields. They will be finished just in time for my daughter to be done with travel...
Yeah, they are in the back right corner, past where they have the batting cage. We played a tournament there in the Fall and they were begining to clear and level the area.

I've got my issues with the place: those damn red docks the put down that color everything they touch red, the snack bar is staffed with teenagers who don't know left from right, lack of shade other than some outfield areas, etc., but they are pumping a lot of money into that place and hopefully they can make it into a real destination for high level games in the Northeast.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00