E mask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
The thing that scares me is the number of college players who wear NO MASK at all while batting!

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
The thing that scares me is the number of college players who wear NO MASK at all while batting!

What scares me is I played for 20 years without a mask. Wait, no one did.

First time I even saw an official metal face guard was after signing DD up at 6 YO. Girls had to try on a helmet for order S,M,L. ( helmet only no guard )

About a week later I go pick up my teams equipment that had been delivered. I'm counting shirts, shorts, helmets and find 12 face wires. I'm like "what the heck"? So I call the commissioner and say "they sent me 12 catchers wires but no mask". It was coach pitch and coach catch, having no clue I thought one of these "guards" went on a special catcher's mask. ( I did know a catcher was to be in position behind the coach catcher ) She laughed and said they go on the batting helmet. I thought it was a noobie joke and asked "how the heck can they see through all the wires".

She laughed again and asked, "this your first year coaching softball"? I said, "may be my last from the looks of things". :)

May 7, 2008
Tucson
OK. I played before helmets and we hated them, when they were introduced. My DD has the e-mask and I can't see a thing using it. Of course, I haven't tried to get used to it. I liked the video and the positives about the mask, though.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
@JAD: What I find even more scary is that she was one of the very few actually wearing a cage and still got injured.

@Amy: No, LL does not require cages at any level I've seen. None at the LLWS last week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma