Dumbest Thing a Parent Ever Said!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 24, 2012
Calling a bad pitch for the hitter to chase - hitting that spot, no chase. Parents grumble about pitcher losing it.
Please stop.

Jan 24, 2011
Calling a bad pitch for the hitter to chase - hitting that spot, no chase. Parents grumble about pitcher losing it.
Please stop.

I had the dad of my pitcher get on my catcher because on an 0-2 count his DD didn't get the ball out off the plate (middle instead) and it got hit for a HR. He said my catcher didn't give a target far enough off the plate :rolleyes:

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Please stop.
My softball-challenged wife does this all the time. She thinks she's being encouraging. She just doesn't get it....sigh.

Apr 1, 2010
Please stop.

I've found myself saying/whispering (depending on how close I am to the plate), "Ah, she's way ahead of this batter. I bet she'll try to get her to chase a bad one," to parents around me.

Jun 11, 2013
My pet peeve is anyone who asks "How many points did we get that inning?" Am I the only one that it drives nuts?

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My pet peeve is anyone who asks "How many points did we get that inning?" Am I the only one that it drives nuts?

It's better than at the end of the game, "Who won?". This actually happened at HS District Championship game. Everyone around this particular parent was jumping up and down after coming back in a close game and she wanted to know who won?

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
There are so many to choose from. The "Good eye" comments on balls that are so high they are unhittable. The "just throw strikes" comments to young pitchers. I have to say the dumbest thing I generally hear is when parents and coaches say "good job" when a kid has obviously done something really badly.

Jun 11, 2013
I had a kid ask me that in Rec. We won something like 16-0. I asked her is she noticed that we kept singing the "I just stepped on home plate" song over and over again and they didn't.

Aug 23, 2010
Florida
Growing up with parents that coached FP softball and now having a DD of my own, I have heard tons of them. Here is a recent winner.

Last weekend in a tournament. One of our pitchers is throwing a gem. Her Mom was filming her the entire game. We are winning 5-0 in the last inning. Pitcher gives up a HR and we end up winning 5-1. Her Mom looks at me and says what is the score? I tell her it's 5-1 final. She says "oh, so we lost?" I had to just walk away at that point.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC