Dumbest Thing a Parent Ever Said!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
While playing rec in the beginning of our season in 2012 there were a couple of foul balls off the fence behind the catcher. After a few of these, an exasperated mom told her dd (the catcher) to quit being lazy and catch one of them off the fence. I didn't want to ask, but I'm pretty sure she thought it would be an out. lol

Jun 24, 2013
Last night a parent sees me handing out TB flyers at a rec league (looking for a diamond in the rough). We are looking for 14U players and he comes up to us and says that his DD is playing up in a combined 12/14U league even thogh she is of 10U age. He points her out and says she is the starting SS and that she doesn't normally throw like that, but you know, the girls she is throwing with can't catch, yada, yada. Then, here is where he gets into his "pitch" (yes pun intended) for his DD. He says "She is so good she can overthrow 1st from 3rd." LOL! I don't think that is the kind of thing you want to tell a TB coach.
We stayed to watch the "game", an hour later they are still in the first inning with a score of 15-8. I think my 7 yo DD could have been the starting anything for that team.

Jun 11, 2013
The Dad of one of DD teammates was talking to his brother about an upcoming 12U A tournament. His brother asked if they still hit off a tee at that age. While not technically a parent thought it was a funny question.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
"But it's my DD's turn to catch"

Said by a dad to the head coach before a weekend tournament championship game

What really makes this extra special is that this wasn't 10U or 12U. Nope not 14U. Not 16U either. Yep, 18U.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Said the dad of one a developmental pitcher on the team towards the 2nd pitcher in the lineup when she was struggling...."There's no more room on these bases." I almost went over (I do not have a pitcher on team) and asked him to take a hike.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
My dd was pitching in 10U and nailed this big girl in the thigh. Then my 2nd pitcher went in and nailed her on the foot the next inning. Nothing was intentional. However because it was a close game, mom of girl got all mad and yelled out " that bullshi** the only reason why you hit her was because she's black" I nearly called the game off. Which to this day I regret because we won that game and the coached encouraged to harass us and degrade our team name. Amazing

We laugh about it today, but at that moment we were all pretty ticked off.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My dd was pitching in 10U and nailed this big girl in the thigh. Then my 2nd pitcher went in and nailed her on the foot the next inning. Nothing was intentional. However because it was a close game, mom of girl got all mad and yelled out " that bullshi** the only reason why you hit her was because she's black" I nearly called the game off. Which to this day I regret because we won that game and the coached encouraged to harass us and degrade our team name. Amazing

We laugh about it today, but at that moment we were all pretty ticked off.

If your pitchers had that much control, they wouldn't have hit her, they would have struck her out!

The stupidity of people never fails to surprise me. At this point, it shouldn't surprise me any more, but it still does.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06