Dumbest Thing a Parent Ever Said!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

While watching an All Star game (many of them will be coming up to MS next year).....
ME: Your daughter has a good glove and great speed.
DAD: Yeah, she is the best girl on her team.
ME: I bet with that speed she could be a very good outfielder.
DAD: She has never played OF, and NEVER will.
ME: Thanks for the info, bye.

Apr 1, 2010
While watching an All Star game (many of them will be coming up to MS next year).....

Nobody needs a poison parent like that. His first answer was bad enough and then he managed to top it! And it sounds as though his DD would be a decent player. Really sad.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal

I think the correct DAD responses should be.

Thanks she a good ball player.
and
You're probably right though she usually plays __________

Apr 15, 2012
I think the correct DAD responses should be.

Thanks she a good ball player.
and
You're probably right though she usually plays __________

I like your response sugestion but my response would have been. Thanks, she works very hard at it.

Apr 15, 2012
We spent some significant practice time working on doubling off runners on fly balls. The work has paid off. We've turned 3 DPs on fly balls, and had two others that were very close. Our defense has been awesome. In our 23 tournament games to date, only twice have we allowed more than 3 runs, and one of those we won.

Sounds like you should quit beating up on 8u teams and play 10u.

Jun 20, 2012
SoCal

This is a "B" rec league all-star team from a very small city here in SoCal. You really think an 8u all-star team should be playing 10u?

On an aside, I know of this team/league not because my daughter plays for them, but because my daughter has played against them in the past during the regular season in 6u and 8u. They run a fine program and attract players from other cities because of that.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

How does having good defense equate to "beating up"?

We had a good team, with girls who worked hard, and learned the game well, but at the So Cal ASA "B" State Tournament last weekend, we got our @$$ handed to us by some of the best teams in the region. Dominant, we certainly were not. We were out of the tournament in 4 games. Our batting was hot or cold, with only 1 girl who could hit the ball hard consistently. Our pitching and defense was what kept us competitive in a lot of instances, and it wasn't out of line with a lot of the teams we played - although we were the only team we saw that pulled off a DP.

This is a "B" rec league all-star team from a very small city here in SoCal. You really think an 8u all-star team should be playing 10u?

On an aside, I know of this team/league not because my daughter plays for them, but because my daughter has played against them in the past during the regular season in 6u and 8u. They run a fine program and attract players from other cities because of that.

I appreciate the support :)

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Here is one for all of you. I was keeping score for one of the rec teams my DGD plays on. Bases loaded, no outs and the batter hits a line drive at the pitcher, who manages to knock it down. I hear a parent yell from the bleachers " infield fly, she's out." Here's your sign!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA