Dumbest Thing a Parent Ever Said!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 25, 2009
After a game in which we were blowing the other team away, a parent came up to me questioning (disagreeing) why we had the batters do what we had them do. We were trying not to run the score up but not to embarrass the other team, either. I told him we played the game the way we wanted to play it. He said, "that's your opinion!" Uh, duh?!?!?

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My wife at a tourney recently we were losing and it was getting close to the time limit and the other coach is switching players and taking time outs All within the rules when my wife says " come on blue they are just wasting time on purpose".
I just smiled and said honey of course they are everyone knows it and if I was the coach I would be doing it too. She thinks about it and jus says oh yeah

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
A few years back at 12U. A runner at 3rd, 1 out. I just get done telling the runner that if the ball is hit to the left side shuffle down the line then go as the throw is released. A sharp hit ball at F5, the runner goes on contact and is thrown out at home. After the inning, a parent says "You shouldn't have sent her". I look at him and say yup probably... hahaha

Dec 10, 2012
USA
I am happy that I haven't seen one of my quotes listed. I say at least one (usually many) stupid things every tournament, even (especially) when I was coaching. I'm taking notes so I will avoid some of these.

Jun 11, 2013
My favorite was in little league many years ago. They called a balk on the pitcher. His mother who was a loud mouth yells "He's been doing it that way all year". The ump says nothing buy the batter steps out of the box and turns to her and says, "Then he's been balking all year" She just walked away.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
My kid is better than yours....then proceeded to talk more about something....At that point all I heard was the teacher voice from Charlie Brown.

We changed 3rd baseman at a later point in the day to rest our starting 3rd. The father of our new catcher, who BTW was throwing poorly all day to this point on throw downs, yells out to his DD, "Throw that ball down there now. You've got someone who can catch it." Starting 3rd base Mom is sitting 5' from him.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
My favorite was in little league many years ago. They called a balk on the pitcher. His mother who was a loud mouth yells "He's been doing it that way all year". The ump says nothing buy the batter steps out of the box and turns to her and says, "Then he's been balking all year" She just walked away.

they called balks in your little league? The runner can't even leave the base until the ball crosses the plate, how is there a balk rule.

Jun 1, 2013
I believe little league actually goes up to 18u, there usually isn't enough participants to have that age group. For sure they go up to the 15u age bracket.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red