Duke University to add softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
Gee, I was complaining a few months ago because a college search engine included Duke as a school with a softball program. I guess they knew what they were doing after all! :D

Since DD's a 2018 HS grad, it would have sounded even better if their program was starting in spring 2019 instead of spring 2018. ;-)

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2013
The secret to long-term success of softball at the college level and hopefully back in the Olympics is better hitting. I am a hitting instructor who teaches baseball-like mechanics to my high school and college softball hitters. They drive the ball harder and farther, without sacrificing their averages. A softball game dominated by the pitcher is not fun to watch, unless your daughter is the pitcher. I am pleased to see more and more college programs teaching power hitting mechanics. These programs are the most successful and they are the most fun to watch. However, there are too many "old school" softball hitting theories that advocate short, weak, swings that focus primarily on contact. This type of thinking will contiune to stunt the growth of softball.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
The secret to long-term success of softball at the college level and hopefully back in the Olympics is better hitting. I am a hitting instructor who teaches baseball-like mechanics to my high school and college softball hitters. They drive the ball harder and farther, without sacrificing their averages. A softball game dominated by the pitcher is not fun to watch, unless your daughter is the pitcher. I am pleased to see more and more college programs teaching power hitting mechanics. These programs are the most successful and they are the most fun to watch. However, there are too many "old school" softball hitting theories that advocate short, weak, swings that focus primarily on contact. This type of thinking will contiune to stunt the growth of softball.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06