drills?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Pretty much! My respect for him and his daughter fall into the realm of DFP members Balswick, Pauly, (not Pauley) javasource and BoardMember. He is both a student and professor of pitching, and the game of softball.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Nice work!

First, go out to a farm store and buy a piece or two of 3/8 inch rubber and some no-residue duct tape. Should help the gym step.

Love her whip and as FrozenRope talked about in his "Late Release" thread, your daughter demonstrates good lock, or pause of the upper arm.

I'd spend a little time working on slowing down her routine. Part of this can be helpful in creating better sequence:
-Pause the hands at the chest or belly while the back heel is up. (Get rid of the bow.)
-Drop the heel and transfer weight into the back foot while pumping the hands forward (initiates the forward lean.) At the same time, unweight the front foot with a drag or by raising the drive knee and heel which helps get the lean going. Hands separate and go back while the body falls forward.
-When you feel the hands get really loaded and you're just about to fall on your face, jam the drive foot down and back into the front edge of the rubber and drive out hard with the hands.

I'd bet my candied ginger that she'll hit 60 just cleaning up her sequence.

The last thing I'd suggest is trying to drag foot with the laces facing or pulling towards the target.

Hope that helps,
Ken

Last edited:
thanks Ken we will definitely work on the things you said, ok so im straight you don't want her to bow as much as she is doing atm? do you think her drive is in need of more explosiveness? I didn't think she had enough in my opinion and again thanks for the feedback will post updates as we progress. :)

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
I know you see Ueno, Scarborough, Hawkins and Abbott bow--but it really just isn't necessary. Think Osterman.

The 2 Step sequence is like magic for promoting an efficient and powerful drive. I don't think she'll need to put any extra effort into being more explosive--it just happens or else you fall on your face!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06