drills?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2011
Aside from the occasional cow bell joke, when sutherlandfinch posts, I take notice. One of our true student/professors on the site...

Ha, My reference to the cowbell is merely a backhanded compliment to this group. By the time I binge read any thread my two cents have already been spent by somebody else and the only thing I can do is add "+1" ......... Which makes me feel like the guy who suggests "More cowbell" in the SNL below.

https://video.yahoo.com/more-cowbell-174128899.html

Thanks for the props Ken. PM me your cell number. I have a video to text you
L

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
PM me your cell number. I have a video to text you
L

Ha! A cowbell would prolly receive and play a video better than my cell phone:

1008739.jpg

At just under $150 per year for the current phone, it's hard to pull the trigger on an upgrade...

I'll PM my email if that works!

Ken

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2016
What do the tennis balls do, in terms of training? I've never heard of it before, and it seems like heavier (not lighter) balls would be better.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
in just a cpl weeks we've increased her bench press from barely able to do 85lbs once on the last lift to being able to do 100lbs twice.

I am not an expert on the subject, but I would concentrate on core strengthening and legs vs. bench press. A pitchers arm needs to be flexible to achieve more whip vs. stiff "muscling" the pitches.

Apr 18, 2015
I am not an expert on the subject, but I would concentrate on core strengthening and legs vs. bench press. A pitchers arm needs to be flexible to achieve more whip vs. stiff "muscling" the pitches.

Could not agree more work the core and posterior chain. Core: Boat Pose, Planks, hanging knee ups, Pallof Press, and landmines. Legs: Lunges, squats, one leg dumbell deadlift. Upper body: Assisted band pullups. IMO, if could pick just one movement to develop an athlete, it would be Thrusters.

Yes I agree with you guys also we are doing all those exercises along with some upper body focusing primarily on her lower half poor kid though is a size 4 in her waste but we have to buy 12s pants cause of her legs already

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma