Drills for Collapsing Front Leg

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2014
Hello,

To those of you who offered a few drills based on my OP, I thank you. The rest of the posts have been interesting read/watch but I am guessing are better suited for the "Technical" forum?

Thanks again!
Ray

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Five, is the FbC responsible/cause for the core/spine usage here?

TDS, I believe I understand your persistence.

Technically the frames you have shown take place immediately 'after' the FbC (Forward-by-Coiling) stage.

In Jim Dixon's lingo, you have captured the frames of the middle stage ... the "shift to explosion". It is the phase between FbC and the Explosion.

The FbC is the setup for what you see here. I wouldn't label the FbC the 'cause' of what you see here, more the setup. If anything, from the sense that the body prepares to do what is happening downstream .... like having efficient "through the ball mechanics" with a downstream goal of 'extension' ... from that perspective, you might argue that what you have shown here is the cause of FbC.

I believe we've had this discussion of the three phase action ... this is the "shift to explode" phase coming out of the FbC phase ... leading to the 'Explosion' phase.

Feb 26, 2012
There's a coach I know who absolutely hates what Cabrera is doing with his back elbow, at least he hate girls trying to do that. Shame on him!

Why is that?
Also-Am I seeing this right?
He lowers his front shoulder as he coils/loads his hip and then gets to stretch correct?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1