Drills for Collapsing Front Leg

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
IOW's it's like telling someone to stride without identifying proper leg/hip usage.
You mean like telling a hitter to get 'front hip lower than the rear hip'.
9uvpl5.gif

Not happening. Not going to happen in a HL swing.

Aug 2, 2013
693ply.gif

This DD was instructed too just 'turn the barrel to the ball'. Before we knew any 'better'.
You believe instructing this hitter to use her core would have helped her?
Pretty sure this hitter is using her core.

Hey RDBass, would please elaborate on the above.
I'm confused. Again.

Thanks

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
693ply.gif

This DD was instructed too just 'turn the barrel to the ball'. Before we knew any 'better'.
Pretty sure this hitter is using her core.
The above hitter on the left had 'bat drag'. The hitter was instructed on how to 'turn the barrel to the ball'. The swing on the right is the swing after practicing 'turn the barrel to the ball'.
Another poster suggested if the hitter was instructed to use her core that would have 'cured' the 'bat drag'.
I answered that I was pretty sure the hitter was using her core. Whether instructed or not.
Here is the original thread:
http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/11783-dd-bat-drag.html

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2012
rdbass! Have a shrimp roll man! You are on fire :)

You understand the difference between moving the front shoulder down and in "with the front shoulder" and having the front shoulder be moved down and in as a result of rear/bb right?

Here are a few more similar concepts...

Do you advocate slotting the elbow with the elbow?
Do you advocate turning the hips with the hips?
Do you advocate striding the front leg with the front leg?

I don't think you do on any of those, but I could have you read wrong. Just curious why you are drawing the line at turing the front shoulder down and in with the front shoulder?

Thanks for the repost of the Miggy clips!

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
rdbass! Have a shrimp roll man! You are on fire :)

You understand the difference between moving the front shoulder down and in "with the front shoulder" and having the front shoulder be moved down and in as a result of rear/bb right?

Here are a few more similar concepts...

Do you advocate slotting the elbow with the elbow?
Do you advocate turning the hips with the hips?
Do you advocate striding the front leg with the front leg?

I don't think you do on any of those, but I could have you read wrong. Just curious why you are drawing the line at turing the front shoulder down and in with the front shoulder?

Thanks for the repost of the Miggy clips!
9uvpl5.gif

Just curious why you are drawing the line at turing the front shoulder down and in with the front shoulder?
This was a FFS gif. I believed made to show the 'shoulders going down and in' from a older post.
The Turing test is a test of a machine's ability to exhibit intelligent behaviour equivalent to, or indistinguishable from, that of a human.
Dam, am I getting insulted here?
I hope you don't mind me 'sharing' your gifs.

Aug 28, 2012
9uvpl5.gif

This was a FFS gif. I believed made to show the 'shoulders going down and in' from a older post.

The Turing test is a test of a machine's ability to exhibit intelligent behaviour equivalent to, or indistinguishable from, that of a human.
Dam, am I getting insulted here?
I hope you don't mind me 'sharing' your gifs.

No insult intended! Just wondering why you raking coals over cues.

Seeing GIFs shared is happy happy joy joy. I post them up so they can hopefully be used to further some discussion.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Miggy_Side_ST_zps1fcc4ce5.gif

Has to be(Core) is the same gif that you and TDS posted as your example.

The Core. The proper Sequence that all hitters use.

You got me on that.

There is a fair amount taking place IMO … there are muscles being shorten and stretched along the front and rear sides of the torso. The core is being engaged. The upper rear leg is loading. It is not a top-down muscling of the lead shoulder ... the body is preparing with the assumption that a swing will take place.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
No insult intended! Just wondering why you raking coals over cues.
That's how I 'shrimp roll'.
Just because I spent 2 days if not more reading threads at BBD On BB/A$$ ect... to find out it's the same as 'Shoulder down and in' & FBC but, with different cues.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
You mean like telling a hitter to get 'front hip lower than the rear hip'.
9uvpl5.gif

Not happening. Not going to happen in a HL swing.

I believe this discussion would flow much better if the actual 'feels' were described along with the relative locations of those 'feels' for the cues being described.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1