do you really know who your child is playing for?????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2015
Please check and see who your daughter is playing for.

A few months ago I was looking for a new team for my 14yr old daughter to play for. We just moved to Jacksonville Fl and did not know very many people in this area. We did what most people do and referred to a site called pitch2fast. This is a site for coaches, parents, and players to find teams that are looking for players ect. Long story short I found a team looking for a pitcher to guest play in a usssa tournament 15min from my house. I emailed the person and we talked by email a few times and he told me all about his team and how bad they needed another pitcher. We committed that wknd to go and play. Well we had Chinese food Friday night and the entire family got sick:(:(:(. We did not get a chance to play due to this. We guest played the following wknd for a friend of my daughters and was I totally shocked at what I found out. Another parent on this team gave me some info and told me to Google his name.

Come to find out this guy is a convicted sex offender. It went straight to FDLE website with his picture and everything about him. I was so glad that I did not put my daughter into this position due to my carelessness. The team is not registered in his name but he runs everything by his emails to me. Please be careful! For more Info the team is called Baker Girlz 14u in the north fl area and the guys name is Chris Danese

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Is he on active supervision? If he is you should contact the local probation office to report him. Most offenders have very strict no contact requirements w minors

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
It certainly sounds like they are trying to game the system. For ASA you want to ask if everyone in the dugout is ASA certified. Not perfect but better then nothing. I am also not sure how far out of my sight DD would get if I did not personally know the coaches.

Jan 28, 2015
I don't see how this guy is allowed around children Supervised or not ! I was sick when I found this out. Who would let there child play with someone like this?????

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
When my DD started playing sports I looked into this a little bit and could not find any information about what different sanctions allow. ASA performs a pass or fail background check but I cannot find any information what would cause a fail.

No sanctioning body knows what is going on in practice, at a game they might check. If that is the person it doesn't sound like the law cares anymore. So your only advice is what you stated:

Know who your DD is playing for

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles