Do I go to the director of organization or do I keep quite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
Can DD#2 handle playing up a year and get on the same team as DD#1? Not sure of the sister dynamics, but that sure would make life easier on Mom and Dad.

May 6, 2015
if org director was very involved in every team, probably would not have the situation you are. many times, it is simply a $ thing for the org, more players, more money, more volume so cheaper on some items (unis, field/indoor time, etc.). I woujld no worry about the repurcussions for older DD, likely will be none.

Jun 3, 2021
I don’t see any positive coming from letting the Director know your younger daughter will not be back. The only reason to do that would be an upset parent just wanting to throw it in the face of the organization. My fear is it would negatively affect the coaches view of your daughters role on the team as you play out the remainder of the games.

I was told a good lesson by one of the coaches I coach with on my DD’s team. Never get frustrated and upset with players and families leaving the organization. He coached his older son in travel ball and said he took it personally at first when parents pulled their kids to go to another team. Only to have them ask to be back on the team a month or two later. The coaches and Director should be very well versed in this. The only thing constant about travel ball is that girls/families will change teams.

If the 12 U team is that bad and not showing signs of improvement I don’t see how anyone would ever blame you for moving on.

Feb 1, 2021
This is my typical answer, but it applies in the situation so I will repeat it once again. Do what is best for your kid. She is just starting in travel ball. Finding the right spot is extremely common and rarely is your first team the right one. I won't assume to know what you want from travel softball, but if there is an end goal of playing after HS, then definitely move along. The response may be mixed from your current team, but you have to expect that.

My DD played up a year for a long time. The team we played on was mediocre, but had the basics to build on. Like you, we were a rec league team that stepped up into travel ball with no changes. The team had a plan. The org director had another plan. Obviously he won, so a couple of us jumped ship. We went down an age group and joined a team that was regionally competitive but missing a few pieces. Best decision we have ever made. With the new team we went on to win 3 national championships in 2 years and my DD went from a bit above average, to being well know everywhere she went. Right team. Right coaches. Right competition. It set my DD on the right track. The rest is history.

Aug 25, 2019
My DD was in the same spot,she joined a 1st year 14u team from a organization with a good reputatuon. Unfortunately the team was bad, worst of it they had very weak pitching. The biggest problem was the org. Had another 14u team where it put the good players (good pitching too.). DDs team was basically the cash cow of the org. They played league ball and a few tourneys where they lost.almost every game. At the end of the season the head of the org said he would straighten it out and get.pitching for the next season. Sure enough they gave.The other team a good pitcher and we got a mediocre one. Same thing happened again 2nd year 14u, DDs team lost, other 14u team won. Two rough years DD had but she found a very good 16u team at tryouts.
My question does the org have another 14u team? If so if it's the same situation as my DD had, leave and dont look back.

May 6, 2015
I don’t see any positive coming from letting the Director know your younger daughter will not be back. The only reason to do that would be an upset parent just wanting to throw it in the face of the organization. My fear is it would negatively affect the coaches view of your daughters role on the team as you play out the remainder of the games.

I was told a good lesson by one of the coaches I coach with on my DD’s team. Never get frustrated and upset with players and families leaving the organization. He coached his older son in travel ball and said he took it personally at first when parents pulled their kids to go to another team. Only to have them ask to be back on the team a month or two later. The coaches and Director should be very well versed in this. The only thing constant about travel ball is that girls/families will change teams.

If the 12 U team is that bad and not showing signs of improvement I don’t see how anyone would ever blame you for moving on.

when we left a team (formed that fall, we left in winter) from a highly repsected org in our area, we reached out to the "director" of the org, and let him know why and what was going on with the team, and he was grateful. was not able to improve it, team folded that spring, but he was thankful to have the infomration (there were about 4 girls that left, was a D level team, 4 or 5 ACs, so it was impossible to crack the top of the lineup or get consistent playing time, team had SS who could no field GB, leadoff who never got on base, etc.)

Jun 8, 2016
I had this sort of conversation with DD’s org administrators last Fall. All involved said they were aware of the issues brought up. We just ended up moving to a different team in the org which is similar in quality (played each other twice this Spring and both won once) but most, if not all, of the issues on the previous team are non-existent on the current team.

May 29, 2015
Can DD#2 handle playing up a year and get on the same team as DD#1? Not sure of the sister dynamics, but that sure would make life easier on Mom and Dad.

This was going to be my suggestion. It may not work out ability-wise, but I would definitely look into the possibility. Plus, it makes your life MUCH easier!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
In So Cal there are so many teams to choose from that if your DD is reasonably talented there is no reason to jump on a team. Take your time. If you hear, I need to know by noon tomorrow, say good bye. If she is a very good pitcher you will not have to pay dues. It is just that competitive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414