Do I go to the director of organization or do I keep quite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2019
My situation is that I have2 DD in this organization. 1 on a 1st yr 16u team and one on first yr 14u team. My 16u DD team is ok, nothing special but competitive enough that she is having fun and enjoys her team. My 14u DD team is just a train wreck, I am talking 3 to 4 errors a inning bad. My 14u DD loves softball but this year has been terrible for her. She left REC ball because of these issues only to find herself on a club team that would only be competitive against lower REC teams.
So I have 1 DD that wants to stay on her 16u team and one who absolutely will not play another year on the team the way it is now.
Do I go to the director and talk about this situation before the end of the season? Do I just keep my mouth shut and tell the team my 14u kid will not return until after the last tournament? Do I ask the director if they have any changes planned for the 14u team?
The other tricky part of this is 2 days after the season ends we are going on a long vacation( I will not deal with softball on vacation) and will not be back until the day before try outs start for teams. If you have any advice for me I would appreciate it.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Has this 'director of org' been to any of the 14u games?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I would just survive. DD played with some bad Teams, I have no dought in my mind that she made the Team and the players better with her additute and simple joy of being on the field.

Yes, she was frustrated some times.

(Her team was 0-22 one year.)

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Why did you join the team in the first place? I assume you went to a practice or tryout. You couldn't see train wreck coming? Choose wisely parents.

Oct 4, 2018
At this point we do not have a team lined up.

I'd start looking at that a bit. Nothing public, but poke around facebook and such and see what your options are. That might really influence how you interact with your current team.

Personally, nothing much to gain from quitting early. Go to tryouts, be positive and keep your options open. You'll quickly learn (or already know) it's every girl for herself come tryout season.

Oct 10, 2019
Why did you join the team in the first place? I assume you went to a practice or tryout. You couldn't see train wreck coming? Choose wisely parents.
We were late to join the team because of another situation that happened with another team. So when my daughters tried out it was just them working with the coaches and we did not see the rest of the team. This was our first year doing club ball so we were new to the game. We joined a long standing organization that had a few other good teams playing for them. We spoke to some other people who were happy with their teams so we figured it was a safe bet to play for them.
I knew after the first game I watched them play last fall that we were in trouble. But I figured that the coaches would help the kids get better and learn from their mistakes. I figured that over winter the team might improve and at least be competitive. Well the opposite has happened, not only did they not improve but they have gotten worse. I could rant on and on about all the things I have seen in the last 3 weeks but it just comes down to being a really bad team for a number of reasons.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00