Do I go to the director of organization or do I keep quite

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I believe the director has seen a few games.
Heres how i see these situations in basic form.

Planning to ask/or tell any coach or org administrator to fix what you see as a problem...that they are not already addressing...
is not planning for your dd.
(if every parent did that, giant can of worms...)

Planning ahead for your dd is recognizing what her goals are. Assessing if her individual current goals are being reached, despite whatever issues you see on this team.
Then
Continue MAKING AND IMPLEMENTING her plan
by being proactive in team research to find the next team if need be.

imo
its a parents job to lead their children the right direction.
(not try and fix every situation she will encounter)
Focus on her plan.
Energy well used!

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'd start looking at that a bit. Nothing public, but poke around facebook and such and see what your options are. That might really influence how you interact with your current team.

Personally, nothing much to gain from quitting early. Go to tryouts, be positive and keep your options open. You'll quickly learn (or already know) it's every girl for herself come tryout season.

I agree with @uncdrew . Plus, if there was a situation with the previous team that caused your DD to move to this team, you/her could quickly develop a reputation of team hopping. Whether that title is fair or not, really doesn't matter if teams believe it to be true. Unfortunately perception becomes reality for some people, and I have seen it go both ways.

I would suggest finishing out the schedule, but start looking at other options. If her team is playing in any smaller local type events, you should be able to get a good idea about the ability level and coaching style of other local teams. Perhaps that could lead you towards a better fit for your DD.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Heres how i see these situations in basic form.

Planning to ask/or tell any coach or org administrator to fix what you see as a problem...that they are not already addressing...
is not planning for your dd.
(if every parent did that, giant can of worms...)

Planning ahead for your dd is recognizing what her goals are. Assessing if her individual current goals are being reached, despite whatever issues you see on this team.
Then
Continue MAKING AND IMPLEMENTING her plan
by being proactive in team research to find the next team if need be.

imo
its a parents job to lead their children the right direction.
Focus on her plan.
Energy well used!
Rad sums it up right here! DD was in a very similar situation when she jumped to TB. She joined a very good organization, but the team she ended up on had no history with the org. They were a 12U team that was moving into this organization, so I had no history. The team was not good and the prior players started quitting due to various reasons. We picked up better players along the way and by the end up summer started competing. There was girl on that team that had no business playing. I told myself if that kid comes back, we are done! Well, the coach/manager didn't secure his core players. During the 2 days tryouts, I am looking around wondering where those players were. Poof! Gone. I saw the writing on the wall, and DD and a pitcher left for another program and that team eventually didn't make.

I emailed the program director and told him that we hate to leave and would like to know if the door would still be open for us to come back. AND I said, if he wanted to know what happened to the team, I would be willing to share. We were welcome to come back and he didn't really care to know what happened to the team. He knew. He has been doing this a long time and he had several coaches within the organization watch/coach our team during tourneys. They know!

My Opinion: Follow what RAD says. Keep your mouth shut. Use your eyes. Allow the season to end. Make a list of teams to tryout for. If the org is solid, do your best to stay. Every year the teams shuffle, and don't make a decision until your kid gets an offer and you fully understand which team it is. Then and only then, do you make a decision to attend other tryouts.

Oct 10, 2019
I agree with @uncdrew . Plus, if there was a situation with the previous team that caused your DD to move to this team, you/her could quickly develop a reputation of team hopping. Whether that title is fair or not, really doesn't matter if teams believe it to be true. Unfortunately perception becomes reality for some people, and I have seen it go both ways.

I would suggest finishing out the schedule, but start looking at other options. If her team is playing in any smaller local type events, you should be able to get a good idea about the ability level and coaching style of other local teams. Perhaps that could lead you towards a better fit for your DD.
We never left the other team because it folded before the season started due to fraud and embezzlement charges being filed against the head of the organization. Nothing to due with the team just his work life trouble. But that's a whole other story.

Oct 10, 2019
My 14u daughter will certainly play out the rest of the season. She doesn't want to quit, she just doesn't want to go back to the team the way it currently sits.
If it was just my 14u DD I would keep quite and finish out the year and politely move on. But with my older DD wanting to stay with the organization and her current team should I let the director know that the other DD is leaving. Being new to club ball I just don't know if it is bad etiquette to not give them a heads up.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I emailed the program director and told him that we hate to leave and would like to know if the door would still be open for us to come back. AND I said, if he wanted to know what happened to the team, I would be willing to share. We were welcome to come back and he didn't really care to know what happened to the team. He knew. He has been doing this a long time and he had several coaches within the organization watch/coach our team during tourneys. They know!

My Opinion: Follow what RAD says. Keep your mouth shut. Use your eyes. Allow the season to end. Make a list of teams to tryout for. If the org is solid, do your best to stay. Every year the teams shuffle, and don't make a decision until your kid gets an offer and you fully understand which team it is. Then and only then, do you make a decision to attend other tryouts.
Like what @Orange Socks. approach took apon their families decision.

A respectful communication,
keeping open the door of future opportunity, while leaving out complaint!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My 14u daughter will certainly play out the rest of the season. She doesn't want to quit, she just doesn't want to go back to the team the way it currently sits. New season, new team. See what happens before you make the final decision to leave. How many 14U teams are in the organization? Is she good enough to be brought up to the 16U team with sister?
If it was just my 14u DD I would keep quite and finish out the year and politely move on. But with my older DD wanting to stay with the organization and her current team should I let the director know that the other DD is leaving. Being new to club ball I just don't know if it is bad etiquette to not give them a heads up.
Nope. They will know you are gone when you don't show up to tryouts or if they ask you if she is coming back. No big deal. Hate to say this, but your DD is replaceable and most likely won't care. The teams will reshuffle during the main tryouts, and minor changes before the Spring and before the Summer. The one thing that never changes with TB softball...there is always change.

May 29, 2019
Don't feel that both of your kids need to stay in the same organization! While it may seem logical to do so, it has been my experience that the name on the jersey is the only thing that the teams share. The individual coaches do what they want with their respective teams, often without oversite from the head of the org. I know more families with their daughters playing in different orgs than ones who stay in the same orgs. Different ages have different needs, so pick the team that best fits each kid.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00