Do aluminum bats lose their pop?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
I am sure it's been covered in the past, but I can't find it. Do aluminum bats lose there pop?

My DD is 9 and hits at the cages once a week in addition to regular league stuff. She has had this bat for about a year and of late it seems like the balls aren't coming off of it like they use to. The bat is a Worth AMP 30/18 made of 7050 alloy.

Thanks

Mar 21, 2013
That's good to know, thanks Amy. I am thinking I am going to stay with aluminum until she gets to 12U or out of the RIF balls whichever comes first. I have heard that the composite bats are just not effective (cost to value) with the softer RIF balls?

Thanks again

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
My DD is a power hitter and uses a RockeTech aluminum bat. She loves it and won't use anything else. She is almost 16, 5'11" and 175. Solid girl too. Goes to the gym relentlessly.

That's good to know, thanks Amy. I am thinking I am going to stay with aluminum until she gets to 12U or out of the RIF balls whichever comes first. I have heard that the composite bats are just not effective (cost to value) with the softer RIF balls?

Thanks again
Alloy is better with softees than composite is.

When she goes to a leather ball, then start shopping (and spending, and spending, and spending .... ).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877