Disneyland or Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
the writing on the wall is generally not so good for tournaments happening in CA. Disneyland opening is delayed, CA Sparkler over July 4th is cancelled, Surf City July 1-3 is supposedly "not likely"... I've heard July 14 is the go / no go date for PGF

May 23, 2020
Disneyland Employees Union was fighting on the 7/17 re-opening date, they thought it was too early & too risky to all the cast members. Right now re-opening date is TBA. I was optimistic that SO CAL Softball would be back for July, but I am now very doubtful that ANY softball Tourneys/Showcases will happen this SUMMER as CAL Sparkler was canceled last week. USA Softball Champions Cup 16u is scheduled in Irvine, CA 7/9-7/13 & followed by 18u 7/15-7/19. I wouldn't be surprised if these events were canceled.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Under the current conditions in CA, both Disneyland and softball would be miserable, and I doubt you'll see either this summer in Orange / LA County.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Disney land and softball games are the same, I can take a nap.

Disney world not so much, it takes to long to get back to the hotel.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I have never been to Disneyland, but I have been to Disney World. In my opinion, a Disney trip is a must for all children. Once...

I have actually been to Disney World 3 times so far. I have no desire to go back, but DW and DD would still like to go again. Perhaps if I ever become a grandfather...

Anyway, if given the choice between Disney and softball, I would definitely pick softball...
If you must go, it is once for me. Seeing grown men wearing Mickey ears and apparel makes me nauseous. And its like $125 just to get in. So Cal pro tip: Go to Knotts Berry Farm and/or Soak City instead. Much more bang for your buck. Get there at 10am. Hear the National Anthem (if they are allow to still play it). RIde all the cool rides with no lines and leave by 2 pm. You can come back after lunch and wait in a few 45 minute lines if you choose and call it a day. LOL

Feb 15, 2017
With the NCAA dead period extended until the end of August why bother with PGF nationals? I would keep an eye on NCAA Football. No football = no other College $port$.
Heard Moorehead has already folded up shop for fall sports.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06