Difference between baseball and softball swing mechanics...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
I'd love to know what you'd do to fix this swing and get her to really hit the ball.

V_H_HD_FPS_Public_MeganBush_1B_HR_ToLF_090071_60FPS_Tight_45-55_R.gif

The only thing I see is a bit too much of reverse-rotation of the shoulders and a tendency to slap the outside pitch rather than hit it for power.

She slaps the other way because she shifts and pulls.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
The reverse rotation of the shoulders is lead shoulder pull. Does a good job of staying inside the ball on this pitch.

Does she consider this to be a good swing?

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
So you advocate pushing?

You just said that was bad.

I'm confused.

Keep up. =)

You ask:
I'd love to know what you'd do to fix this swing and get her to really hit the ball. The only thing I see is a bit too much of reverse-rotation of the shoulders and a tendency to slap the outside pitch rather than hit it for power."

I respond:
"She slaps the other way because she shifts and pulls."
and
"The reverse rotation of the shoulders is lead shoulder pull. Does a good job of staying inside the ball on this pitch.

Does she consider this to be a good swing?"

My interpretation of reverse rotation of the shoulders was lead shoulder pull (lead shoulder pulling back away from the ball)... because you did not post the load. Just working with what you've provided for a clip.

I do not advocate pull. Slapping the other way is not good. (Did you imply that it was, because I certainly did not.) Pulling is not good. She pulls because she shifts. It isn't terrible because she maintains some connection... but her posture suffers. Refer back to Tulowitzki... just add tilt. You didn't diagnose the weakness to opposite field because you do not feel the shift and consequently the pull when watching the video.

Feb 3, 2010
I'd love to know what you'd do to fix this swing and get her to really hit the ball.

V_H_HD_FPS_Public_MeganBush_1B_HR_ToLF_090071_60FPS_Tight_45-55_R.gif

The only thing I see is a bit too much of reverse-rotation of the shoulders and a tendency to slap the outside pitch rather than hit it for power.

Would this be considered a RVP type swing or more completely rotational? My guess is rotational, but i'm no expert.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hgielaz01