DeMarini CF4 ST handle looks different?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2010
New England
I bought a -10 33/23. What I noticed is that the handle of the bat is black and its covered with the little DeMarini logos. I thought the new ST's handle looked a little different. And right along where the two pieces of Silver Trace meet, there's only yellow on one side. Is this how it's supposed to be?

My bat: New CF4 ST :: 0809001756.jpg picture by softballninja97 - Photobucket

Pictures of the -10 online: DeMarini : 2011 CF4 ST -10 (Notice how both sides are yellow and the handle is white)

The grip fading is also different. On mine it's white near the knob then gets black, but in the online pic it goes from black to white. Also, on mine, the "DEMARINI" and "CF4" are outlined in black, but on the DeMarini website they aren't. It almost looks like the piece with the grip is the piece from the 2010 CF4 -8 model. ??

What happened here?

P.S.
At the store I bought it at they also had a 32/22, which looked like the bat on the DeMarini website

Sep 3, 2009
I think yours may be the 2010 model. The pic on the website is the 2011.

The 2010 didn't have yellow CF4 on the barrell. It's the 2011 design for sure, but is slightly different.
Ninja... Maybe your's is an early model and they changed the design? Go to the demarini forums like Amy suggested. They generally have employees that are on there answering questions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach