Another Bat Size Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2018
DD is entering 2nd year 12u this fall. I just measured her shoulders and it looks like she is 16 inches across. Or darn close.
She is 4'11'' about 105 - 110. She swung a demarini CF 30-11 this past year. Unfortunately, there was only one player on her team swinging a 31 and it was also a CF -11. Hitting with the 31-11, she said it felt fine and did not feel too much. She grew three inches this year. So that is not unexpected.

She loves the Axe handle. So, I was going to get her one to try. I have to buy through the website to get the free 30 day return no questions asked policy. As there are no real reviews or feedback on the newest one, I feel like this is the only safe way to go.

The feedback on the board is "get to drop 10". In the past she jumped 2 inches and 2 ounces and it was too much. Is 1 inch 2 ounces nutz? No point in getting a trial bat in the wrong size, that will turn into an immediate return.

We do have closeoutbats close by. so we can swing the different sizes, but then there are no returns. And I am not going to go there and swing the bat to only buy it somewhere else.

May 28, 2019
I'd stick with a 31" -11. Maybe a -11 that's a bit on the heavier side. Leaves you time/flexibility to go to a light -10 in the near future if you desire depending upon how she does.

Nov 18, 2015
Check the bat database. Demarini 31 oz may not weigh the same as an Axe 31 oz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28