DD Swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
But what’s the cause of the slice Pattar?
To me she is getting out of her legs and rotating too early. Somebody else mentioning a muscled up swing, I think that may be a good description. Trust her mechanics to provide the quickness..no need to force it. Could she do other things better, sure, but working oppo with the intent of hard line drives over the 2nd baseman's head (what Pujols did in BP) will force her to keep her coil longer and good posture over the ball.

Just 2 cents from a Dad who has a kid with a broken game swing 😂

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
To me she is getting out of her legs and rotating too early. Somebody else mentioning a muscled up swing, I think that may be a good description. Trust her mechanics to provide the quickness..no need to force it. Could she do other things better, sure, but working oppo with the intent of hard line drives over the 2nd baseman's head (what Pujols did in BP) will force her to keep her coil longer and good posture over the ball.

Just 2 cents from a Dad who has a kid with a broken game swing 😂
At dinner. Will be back

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I did not realize we were giving advice for reaching for pitches that are off the outside of the plate. But carry on.
View attachment 14212
It was just an example of how hand path is not always circular or even remotely close to circular. When the hands come forward the active cue is ‘straight’. For every ‘circular’ path you show me I can show you one that is a lot less circular or straight. The hand path is adjustable in relation to the pitch and the timing of that pitch. End of that story.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hand path is curvilinear there too..follow it from launch (or for you with your convoluted definition of launch ;) when he gets hands back behind his rear shoulder shoulder)

It's simple pattar. If the true definition of a word doesnt fit your description. Just change it to something else. No problem! Lol! The last few pages remind of that Captain Jack Sparrrow scene when he figures out "up is down"...

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The mass gets back and stays back. The lower is never under the upper. So kinetically the energy never gets to the hands. It looks to me like old habits with new feels.

Maintain the head position at the beginning in relation to the BB and the energy will work its way up the chain a bit better.

The hands come forward without a pulling core so they are pushed. That would be causing the slicing issue.

Apr 2, 2015
Woodstock, man

The gif on the right (which is still circular, albeit a bigger circle) is a demo swing of someone lunging onto their front foot. I've never seen anyone teach lunging.

Can you show me an overhead video of an MLB player using a straight hand path on a normal swing? I know most people imagine that it happens, but it's like Big Foot. Of course people reach for balls all the time, but I don't think I've seen anyone teach that method of swinging. One doesn't need to learn to reach, you need to learn how to swing properly.
Example_CurvedHandPath_PeteRose_001.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wes_K