10U Swing Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
What do you mean by getting the shift out the way?

In the load there is forward movement. Hitters are always working forward. Although they are still back while going forward.

Shifting to then swing vs swing is the shift.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Seriously TDS, you have no clue to what I know. Your just blind and to my knowledge don’t teach hitting. So what do you know about the swing?

Things I studied over 20 years ago and discovered has all come full circle. Before all the videos and books.

We all know the pattern you're pushing. Hopefully "full circle" will allow you to see the other pattern that the best utilize.

sHYTOLT.gif

AlalH0c.png

jknTyMu.png

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Shift is the swing means you remained one legged and back ,coiled and streched. There is forward movement initiated as soon as you lift your foot in the lowerbody as your load the hip/leg, slightly twisting the entire back leg. The back hip pocket moves forward as you load.

Then the final stretch as you initiate the swing. What I thought was initial hip rotation 20 years ago and that the beginning rotation creates more stretch. It turns out it wasn’t the hips.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019
I've had good success with using the helicopter drill and front toss out of the stretch n fire 45 position before figuring out the leg and weight stuff. Having a starting point to move forward from has help these current students over the previous ones. Before I felt like I was building a house of cards in an Oklahoma dust up. I look back at Haley's freshmen videos and now I'd have a different approach with her. Thankfully she's survived her dumb high school coach.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45