10U Swing Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Yes, the movement pattern Shawn is pushing works but not what the best in the game are doing.. "Swing is the shift" shift is the slowest movement of the swing so I would focus on getting the shift out of the way before starting the swing. This is what slows the ball down for hitters.
Seriously TDS, you have no clue to what I know. Your just blind and to my knowledge don’t teach hitting. So what do you know about the swing?

Things I studied over 20 years ago and discovered has all come full circle. Before all the videos and books.

• Haha
Reactions: TDS
Jun 8, 2016
Come on now, the thread is about helping a 10YO. Different views of the swing are to be expected and should be able to be presented without vitriol. Up to the parent to decide the path taken by their kid.

Take the pissing contest to my thread if you want to argue..that is pretty much a wasteland anyway😉

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2019
View attachment 25512

At toe touch, her bat is mostly flat (green),. It should be up abt 55 deg(yellow). This is causing her to drag the bat around. She lost all her leverage, and must use the arms to pull it to contact.

Also, her hands are a couple of inches too far away from the shoulder/armpit. The tighter the rotation, the faster the swing.
Get her to where he is describing and then go from there. You might not have much left to fix after this.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Come on now, the thread is about helping a 10YO. Different views of the swing are to be expected and should be able to be presented without vitriol. Up to the parent to decide the path taken by their kid.

Take the pissing contest to my thread if you want to argue..that is pretty much a wasteland anyway😉

No pissing contest. I just don’t care for his attitude when he doesn’t know the HLP swing. He thinks he knows, but he really doesn’t.

Besides I tested positive for Covid yesterday. Took another test today. You should have heard me changing my alternator. Short temper last few days.

Jun 8, 2016
No pissing contest. I just don’t care for his attitude when he doesn’t know the HLP swing. He thinks he knows, but he really doesn’t.

Besides I tested positive for Covid yesterday. Took another test today. You should have heard me changing my alternator. Short temper last few days.
Get healthy..nobody likes grumpy Shawn 😂

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I think she has great timing and an eye for the ball. The challenge is to preserve her pure thought of see the ball hit the ball approach that some kids have a natural awareness for. We’ve all seen great hits by bad swings and great swing that struggle with hitting the ball.

Pick one or two drills that influence the swing mechanics your trying to teach her.

Oct 2, 2017
I think she has great timing and an eye for the ball. The challenge is to preserve her pure thought of see the ball hit the ball approach that some kids have a natural awareness for. We’ve all seen great hits by bad swings and great swing that struggle with hitting the ball.

Pick one or two drills that influence the swing mechanics your trying to teach her.
Voice of reason 😂

Oct 2, 2017

💯 On the first paragraph.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802