Dd pitching video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Pivot should not pivot toward 3rd. Picture a sprinter coming out of the blocks.. I'm not liking your description of the ball position. The fingers will point down but the ball doesn't. the way I'm picturing sounds like your describing getting behind/pushing the ball? Look at some of the slo motion clips in the model pitchers you can get a better idea of ball pos.

Nov 27, 2012
I meant after the push off and just before the stride foot lands. Here is the screen shot of what I mean. Pretty much both the knees and feet are pointing towards 3rd base. I want to know if is necessary for the back knee to get in that position or is it ok for the back knee to face the catcher?

image.jpg

Nov 27, 2012
Ok thanks, I'll check it out. Now to the release, yes i am imagining like the wrist cocked and snapping the ball thru. When I looked at the "internal rotation in the class room" thread, the pitcher had the fingers behind the ball without the wrist cocked. Is that the right way. Sorry it's sorta hard to visualize without being able to see it in person.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Just at release the fingers wiill be behind the ball as it it internally rotates. The ball should never be in an orientation where it is pointed toward 2nd base. If your daughter ever does 9 oclock drills and she has her wrist cocked and the ball facing 2nd base thats push not ir

Nov 27, 2012
Yes she did point towards the 2nd base. Should she be pointing somewhere towards the 3rd base dug out? There where aim having her point now.

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Yes. Amy or some of the true instructors can give you better specifics on ball orientation In the lowerbody mechanics thread also check out the ball orientation on Jenny finch and the other girl, palm out ball toward 3rd at the bottom, palm up at about 1 oclock. Also watch the entire video of Amanda Scarborough it is in super slo mo and is done very well

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Don't worry about position of the hand through release. At 9 o'clock, if palm is up, you're in good shape. Look for ball rotation after that. A loose follow through is a great plus.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors