Dd pitching video

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Apologies--drive by posts on NYE can be sketchy...

"Early" is a poor choice of words. By early, I meant hand not completely behind the ball. Many insist the hand must be behind the ball, but the effect is much more important. If everything else is as you want (spin, speed, location) then don't sweat the exact position of the hand. If, in an effort to improve, you perceive that the hand/fingers are not where you think they should be, then try to force something different when you're already getting the desired effect, you could be doing more harm than good. Effective spins are sometimes more art than science.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2012
I understand it now. It took me a while to understand he concept, I did not want to teach my DD something wrong or something that I did not understand 100%. We worked on it today and here is a clip of her pitching using IR method. Any critique and feedback will be a great help.

[video]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1RtrYpOdnMs[/video]

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Your first video doesn't seem to work for me so I can't see the before and after. She looks very smooth and relaxed. A few things come to mind. When she has her left foot out and angled to the left it already starts to open her hips, she also starts turning her foot before push off and it is almost sideways when leaving contact with the rubber instead of being like a sprinters foot. She could also try to elevate more on her push off. Maybe it's the video but her arm swing speed looks constant instead of gaining speed towards release. Last would be finish the pitch and be ready for fielding instead of continuing to walk through after the release.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
The whip looked good. Can you post a video from the side? I noticed she leaps and have a question about her timing, but need a side video before asking.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2012
The whip looked good. Can you post a video from the side? I noticed she leaps and have a question about her timing, but need a side video before asking.
The first post in this thread has her side video. We are working on her aggressive leap instead of stepping off the mound.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors