dd not walking on thru

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 2, 2012
Coach's Eye
video of dd not walking thru said she likes better maybe a touch more speed open to more comments. thank you all.

do not talk while recording lol.

Last edited:

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Her stride foot should come down at around a 45 degree, its at a 90 degree angle now. Focus on fixing that before she hurts herself/

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Posted by: halskinner... Her stride foot should come down at around a 45 degree, its at a 90 degree angle now. Focus on fixing that before she hurts herself/

Agreed....the leap is too long. The drag is too diagonal. If she would drop back six inches, she could just dust instead digging in her drag. I would work on this second. Then I would tell her, that for her body type. (which is by the way the same as one of the best in the world right now, and the fastest)She only needs to jump to the distance of her shoulders. Measure her from the ground to her shoulders, get a powerline, and put a piece of tape at a 45 degree angle to that measurement. Oh yea, change her # to 18...if that don't work....

Tell her you want her to work on a new CU. Read how to throw Hals Flat Fingered Knuckleball, at the top of the pitching forum, like we did tonight, with instant success. When DD seen it float, she came over and started explaining it too me. Then she started showing me she could throw it up in the air, without it spinning. Just tell her that you need to not launch so long, so you can slow the pitch down with your legs, but not your arm. Show her how to hold the ball.Then when she see's the ball float, your building on something positive, that's worth changing the jump for... then explain that some very good hitters might be able to hit it once in a blue moon,and since it doesn't have the spin, she will need to finish with her knees coming together, so she will be more balanced,and then picking up on Hals theme of not getting hurt, I would get her finishing with the glove up at about 9-11 o'clock, to protect herself for a comebacker...just have her keep pointing at the ump, to signal him and hold it till he makes the call. And that will get rid of the swimming. Looks like she has plenty of power...hows her control ? She also looks like a young CT.... Providence

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
video of dd not walking thru said she likes better maybe a touch more speed open to more comments. thank you all.
What do you think? How accurate is the pitching right now and what is the velocity like. I wouldn't make too many changes based on feedback of one pitch on a slightly grainy video. It is just too hard for these kids to make adjustments and they can get confused or frustrated. Take some time and get video from more than one angle, multiple pitches and share some of your feedback. This will help people who know about pitching give you better more certain feedback.

Jan 2, 2012
We will get some new video up. We start with a new coach from Indy so we get some new video. Already made fastball a drop and fixing her flip change. Thanks for help.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Is shorting the stride in the revision also? Hals Flat Fingered Knuckle Ball should be thrown every other pitch with the flip change, to keep the rhythm the same. Plus she has two CU's that she can choose between, until she has total confidence in both. By working on the knuckle ball, you can't slow the arm circle down, or it won't float. Then throw the flip at the same pace. Keep switching back and forth until she gets them both...

Jan 2, 2012
he has not said anything about her stride lenghth but i will ask. the guy we was going to wanted her to stride longer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1