dd having shoulder trouble

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 19, 2009
Watched the video as best I could. She is 'Chicken winging' the arm circle and not taking a stride at all. She is throwing 100% shoulder.

Get her to a competent instructor before she hurts herself.

You couldn't be more wrong about the stride. She takes a HUGE stride, maybe you can't see it from the home plate angle. I won't disagree that she's too much shoulder though.

Oct 19, 2009
Again, you can blame a certain way of pitching, but it is the age of the kids, the amount of reps (with just this emphasis on perfection and constant correction rather than 'play' and 'experiment'), and the fact that they are still growing that is the issue.

If travel softball doesn't start implementing some innings limits, someone will come in and do it for them.

Stop, just stop. If you're going to comment here then read the whole entire thread. Inning limits have nothing to do with this particular situation so find another example to make your case.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
You couldn't be more wrong about the stride. She takes a HUGE stride, maybe you can't see it from the home plate angle. I won't disagree that she's too much shoulder though.

What is her height and stride length, front of the rubber to where the front of her stride foot toe touches down?

Silicon5

softball mom
Apr 13, 2014
Silicon valley
Little Leaguer's shoulder

My DD just got diagnosed with Little leaguer's shoulder. We actually went in because her back was hurting. Looks like she was overcompensating her back to make up for her shoulder weakness.

She plays multiple positions. pitcher, outfield, third base. It is 4-6 weeks off of softball and 4 weeks of PT
I have posted her MRI in my blog in Siliconvalleygirlssoftball.com

I am glad it resolves itself with rest.
love reading the conversations here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi