DD cannot throw strikes..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 22, 2020
So you instructed the instructor..did she pay you for the lesson?

I hear ya haha but as I said in an earlier post, she is a new instructor to us and she didn’t know that brush is something we’ve never worked on. I did ask her flat out if she uses brush as a technique and that’s when she went on a 25 min talk about it. I started to realize it when she kept telling my daughter to keep her arm close to her body before snapping it off. Then it clicked/ dawned on me when everyone here brought up brush technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
It looks like her weight is getting to far out over her front foot. This leads to the lack of stability that @Jeffery pointed out. Also in this video she looks to be actively avoiding brush contact, although it's pretty hard to tell from the angle. I would try to work on getting into a position like Scarborough does below. Solid front side with the rear shoulder back and relaxed. Pitching off a baseball mound is a drill we used to help with this.

View attachment 23527View attachment 23528

I'm putting on my flame suit for this comment, but there are a handful of successful pitchers that don't utilize brush contact or very little. See Kelly Barnhill or Allison Royalty at ASU.

Amanda is great, the position she is in is the same position as a MLB pitcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00