Daughter wants a new team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Excellent work! Maybe this should be your second career, song writing! :)

As for everyone who helped with my original post. Thanks! Daughter loves her team, and is playing well, developing well and the girls are great with each other.

For everyone who said her old rec coach will be cool and understand. I saw her recently and she was less than friendly. 😆 Oh well.

Great to hear about your DD thriving and developing in a happy situation.

Don't sweat about the attitude of the old coach. It says more about her character than anything else.

Apr 26, 2019
Yeah, I telephoned her to let her know DD was leaving as opposed to text or email. Her response, was "Do you know if anyone else on the team is leaving?" You are 100% correct.

My DD and another girl have moved on and she's still trying to make her DD and her bff's "all-stars".

Nov 11, 2019
We stay involved with LL for the all star experience. Sometimes it’s tough to roll with LL after playing so much travel. But this is 12u DDs last year in our local LL.

Apr 26, 2019
We stay involved with LL for the all star experience. Sometimes it’s tough to roll with LL after playing so much travel. But this is 12u DDs last year in our local LL.
I'm not denigrating house ball and 'All-Stars". I should have made myself, clear. The parents were told her daughter and her friends would be 'All-Star" even though they are mediocre to weak players because she's the coach and she can do whatever.

Nov 11, 2019
I'm not denigrating house ball and 'All-Stars". I should have made myself, clear. The parents were told her daughter and her friends would be 'All-Star" even though they are mediocre to weak players because she's the coach and she can do whatever.
I never took it as such. Lil league is just tough to stay in just because of the competition we play in with TB

Nov 11, 2019
And our LL all stars are so watered down cuz the kids get to vote. But it’s a fun couple of weeks

Mar 22, 2016
Southern California
And our LL all stars are so watered down cuz the kids get to vote. But it’s a fun couple of weeks

I was the player agent of our Majors division in the local Little League (baseball). We had the players vote as part of the process (players chose top 6, then managers and coaches voted in 4, then All-Star manager got to pick the last 2). I proctored this vote for two seasons. Both times, the players got it right. Sure there were a few ballots of just friends or teammates, but overall, they chose the deserving players, and it's so much less bullsh%t than the managers/coaches voting.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06