Daughter wants a new team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 11, 2019
This will be my DDs first full year pitching in 12u. She has pitched for a couple of years but just got over the hump and is ready to go, hitting spots and moving the ball. The mound time in LL will be a huge boost for her

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
This conversation should take less then 60 seconds. Any longer and you will wind up saying things you might regret.

“Coach, we appreciate the opportunity we had playing for you. We are moving on to a different level of ball that will more closely fit our goals and dreams. Thanks for everything you have done for Suzy.”

No more then that.

Edit to add. I just read some more posts. No, your dd has to leave this league. She is ready to move on, you can’t move to another team in rec without hard feelings and gaining a reputation as a troublemaker.

Apr 26, 2019
This conversation should take less then 60 seconds. Any longer and you will wind up saying things you might regret.

“Coach, we appreciate the opportunity we had playing for you. We are moving on to a different level of ball that will more closely fit our goals and dreams. Thanks for everything you have done for Suzy.”

No more then that.

Edit to add. I just read some more posts. No, your dd has to leave this league. She is ready to move on, you can’t move to another team in rec without hard feelings and gaining a reputation as a troublemaker.
We have. She's had a fall season of TB. She is in absolute love with it and her team. Looking forward to Spring and all the excitement it brings.

Thanks for the advice.

Oct 3, 2019
I'm not denigrating house ball and 'All-Stars". I should have made myself, clear. The parents were told her daughter and her friends would be 'All-Star" even though they are mediocre to weak players because she's the coach and she can do whatever.
Our girls play rec and TB. In Spring, Rec overlaps with TB practices that start in January so, girls often finish their rec game or practice and go off to practice with their travel team. Once rec is over, it's all TB. So, up until high school, they are stuck with their rec coaches if they want to play before TB games begin. Luckily, our Rec coaches are fantastic!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06