Curve/Change

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Are you referring to an offspeed curve ball? My DD typically throws her curve ball as hard as she can, but when she throws a drop/curve she can vary the speed. We practice throwing it at 50%, 75% and 100%.

Dec 20, 2012
My dd throws an off speed curve. Deep in the hand and 2 knuckles, that may differ with your dd. Here is her grip for it. Fast arm, lots of spin and lots of hand on the ball to keep the speed down.

off crv 2.jpgoff crv.jpg

Jan 24, 2009
My dd throws an off speed curve. Deep in the hand and 2 knuckles, that may differ with your dd. Here is her grip for it. Fast arm, lots of spin and lots of hand on the ball to keep the speed down.
QUOTE]

^^^THIS^^^ if you want a massive break. Spot on advice right down to the grip in the photos. With some practice she will be able to make it break the width of the plate routinely. Nicely done Sling.

Dec 20, 2012
QUOTE]

^^^THIS^^^ if you want a massive break. Spot on advice right down to the grip in the photos. With some practice she will be able to make it break the width of the plate routinely. Nicely done Sling.

All her, despite of me not because of me. lol But thanks!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My dd throws an off speed curve. Deep in the hand and 2 knuckles, that may differ with your dd. Here is her grip for it. Fast arm, lots of spin and lots of hand on the ball to keep the speed down

any chance for a video clip of her throwing it?

Oct 22, 2009
My DD threw an off-speed curve without the fingers bent. It was a nasty pitch. I just wanted to add that it can be thrown without the bent knuckles. I teach my students it without the bent knuckles.

I can show them this grip, but heavens, my pitchers always freak out when you ask them to bend a finger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad