Cracked CF4

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
During indoor batting practice tonight my DD's CF4 cracked big time . Her Coach was pitching to her and saw it so thankfully my DD didn't continue using it and have it completely come apart on her . DD is pretty bummed as she finally had it broke in and popping great and now she has to start all over . Thankfully I saved the receipt so new bat here we come ;)

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
Just walked in the house and the new bat arrived today . DD is super stoked since they replaced it with a new CF5 which is what most of the girls on the 16U and 18U teams in her organization use . She is sure its gonna help her hit a homer ;)

Mar 9, 2011
West Barstow, Ca
Thanx for the info! I hope that your daughter likes her CF5 as much as mine. Im certainly glad that demarini takes care of their customers promptly . There bats aren't cheap . Have a great season!!!

Jul 28, 2008
I have heard nothing but good things about Demarini's customer service.

Start breaking in that bat today.

Jun 25, 2011
Boise , ID
She is in Love with the looks of her new CF5 but we won't get to start breaking it in until Monday . In the interim I found a used Rocket Tech that she has been using for practice and that thing absolutely hammers the ball ! She is looking forward to March when we move outside for practice so she can compare the 2 bats ;)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
I got the 2011 CF4 Insane last year, by far the worst bat I've ever owned. Dead as a Walmart bat from the get go and never got any hotter. No crack, no defects that I could see.

Went back to old faithful this year, 2012 RT.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
One of my students had her 2011 CF4 crack today. I was pitching front toss to her and she slammed the ball. Then she said it looked like something flew off her bat when she hit it (other than the ball) and when we looked we found a diamond-shaped piece of the bat in the cage about 15 feet in front of her. The whole bat was cracked.

I did compliment her on her focus, however. She must've been following the ball in pretty intensely to see a piece of her bat fly off!

Dec 7, 2011
So with my DD being a pitcher I will recommend the Demarini to all the rest of you big hitters out there. Odds are we'll find ya during the break-in or the break-down and if you catch a DD mistake pitch it's good to know it's not going to "go yard" :)

Sep 3, 2009
So with my DD being a pitcher I will recommend the Demarini to all the rest of you big hitters out there. Odds are we'll find ya during the break-in or the break-down and if you catch a DD mistake pitch it's good to know it's not going to "go yard" :)
Yes... because all other bats are shipped fully broke in, and never break.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32