coresoftball 20

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No, it doesn't...wishing we could all boycott Wilson.

Believe me, I wish that could happen and make them feel some financial pain...but they know no matter
what they do to anybody, who they screw, how much they cost a parent more to buy a bat, that they
will have sales.

And the big stores are in bed with them, so don't think they care about the customers. They helped push this to
get more money from parents and players.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Believe me, I wish that could happen and make them feel some financial pain...but they know no matter
what they do to anybody, who they screw, how much they cost a parent more to buy a bat, that they
will have sales.

And the big stores are in bed with them, so don't think they care about the customers. They helped push this to
get more money from parents and players.

Core,

Thank you for the contributions you've made here. You've been a great source of information and I hope that continues. I will also not be purchasing a new bat from them anytime soon. DD has plenty of bats to use in varying sizes and I refuse to support douche bags like them. Next bat might have to be a Quatro or an amazon purchase.

Jun 19, 2016
The big box sports stores really have very little in terms of inventory of high end bats in my neck of the woods. Maybe it is different for y'all on the east coast.

Aug 31, 2016
Western Burbs, IL.
I would put the Rawlings Quatro up against a balanced -10 Demarini CF-series, or an LS LXT.

Unfortunately, for players needing a different weight/feel, Wilson is in control of the market. Taking dealers like Core out if the game, Wilson is controlling your choices, even if you want to buy a different brand.

Thanks for all the info, was on the fence over a Quatro or LXT....Quatro its gonna be, made in the USA (they say), reasonable pricing, and hopefully not in the business of screwing honest hard working people. Have appreciatted Cores info since I joined DFP, Thank You

Mar 21, 2013
This is a real shame. You would think companies like Wilson would realize the importance of having a rep that puts a premium on putting a person into the correct bat and customer service. Big box stores are no where close to this, and there is no way they can possibly provide the expertise needed in this area. Go to a big box store and the best bat for your DD will most likely be the one they need to sell. That being said a customers satisfaction in regards to a bat totally relies on having the correct bat size. An improperly fitted bat will always get bad reviews which leads to customers going to different manufacturers. This is where a company like Core comes into play. If you can get a person into the correct bat size and type the chances of customer satisfaction increases greatly which also increases the chances of that customer buying future bats by that manufacturer.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
This is a real shame. You would think companies like Wilson would realize the importance of having a rep that puts a premium on putting a person into the correct bat and customer service. Big box stores are no where close to this, and there is no way they can possibly provide the expertise needed in this area. Go to a big box store and the best bat for your DD will most likely be the one they need to sell. That being said a customers satisfaction in regards to a bat totally relies on having the correct bat size. An improperly fitted bat will always get bad reviews which leads to customers going to different manufacturers. This is where a company like Core comes into play. If you can get a person into the correct bat size and type the chances of customer satisfaction increases greatly which also increases the chances of that customer buying future bats by that manufacturer.

They don't care about getting the right bat into the hands of the customer. They just care about getting bats into the hands of customers. The value that Core/Todd brought to his customers - which resulted in a lot of repeat business - is lost on those looking only at corporate profits as a judgement of value.

Dec 11, 2010
They don't care about getting the right bat into the hands of the customer. They just care about getting bats into the hands of customers. The value that Core/Todd brought to his customers - which resulted in a lot of repeat business - is lost on those looking only at corporate profits as a judgement of value.

This is exactly right.

I have two daughters that play. They are four years apart so they swung very different bats and "hand me downs" didn't happen until just this year when dd#1 went to school. It was expensive. I needed to buy from someone who knew what he was talking about. And it was a huge help that I didn't have to pay full retail every time.

Not so much now. I will truly buy less bats now that I don't have a concierge bat seller, lol!

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

Very much appreciated and that's exactly why we did it our way. I already knew bats very well, and figured add in the very personalized
service each customer always got...could never go wrong...haha. Guess I was wrong!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The big box sports stores really have very little in terms of inventory of high end bats in my neck of the woods. Maybe it is different for y'all on the east coast.

They depend on a centralized buyer to gain purchase power. They buy product as ONE buyer...hence they get huge buying power. They decide
which store gets which product. If a certain location doesn't sell bats well, they wont get the "better" weight bats or many good bats in general.
We had 200-500 bats in our store at diff times...considerably more bats than one big store alone, but now add in 1000 locations...hahaha.

If these places had a clue, they would be dangerous to every single solo store and would make huge money in fp. I should put my resume' in since
I have nothing better to do now...haha.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06