Sparkler Showcase Game Questions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
So, DD gets an email inviting her to play in the CO Sparkler Showcase game. Is this worth doing? Is it a real "showcase" or some sort of money grab or whatever? I did a quick search and didn't find much on here about it and honestly don't know how this came about.

Looking at the website, it looks like it's just a game you can sign up and pay to play in, but we haven't signed up for it, so I'm confused. I don't remember getting anything like this previously. :unsure:

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
It lets parents create some stellar Facebook posts that really impress people not in the softball world. We saw one local mom post about how her daughter was "selected" to the Colorado Sparkler Showcase "All Star" team. In the actual Sparkler tournament itself, she rode the pine.

Otherwise, it's paying for an at bat or two at a game no one cares about (at least at the 14u level).

May 21, 2018
It lets parents create some stellar Facebook posts that really impress people not in the softball world. We saw one local mom post about how her daughter was "selected" to the Colorado Sparkler Showcase "All Star" team. In the actual Sparkler tournament itself, she rode the pine.

Otherwise, it's paying for an at bat or two at a game no one cares about (at least at the 14u level).
Reminds of certain team that won Bronze division at Sparkler and the coaches (and some parents) posted how they won the whole thing. :ROFLMAO: In their defense, I actually think they thought they had won the whole thing.

Apr 20, 2017
There are 2 types of allstar/ showcase games at the sparkler. One you pay to participate and one is invited only and I believe free. The one you pay is basically anyone can pay and play. The other is coaches nominate one or two players from power pool only teams. The allstar game was fun but about 30 kids per team. Like I said the best I remember it was free and if invited it’s fun to be a part of it. The other you’re paying for the chance to play an extra game and get very few reps. I would suggest the camps to get exposure instead of the pay to play game.

Nov 18, 2013
So, DD gets an email inviting her to play in the CO Sparkler Showcase game. Is this worth doing? Is it a real "showcase" or some sort of money grab or whatever? I did a quick search and didn't find much on here about it and honestly don't know how this came about.

Looking at the website, it looks like it's just a game you can sign up and pay to play in, but we haven't signed up for it, so I'm confused. I don't remember getting anything like this previously. :unsure:
Your DD’s coach chose her. It’s a money grab, but DD had a good time so I didn’t mind. There were a few coaches there, but I wouldn’t count on it unless you arranged it before the tourney.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles