Confessions of a pyscho softball dad.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
This week is our Spring Break, so we loaded up the SUV and road tripped to FL with another family who's DD also plays softball. After two days in the sun the dads were tired of the beach, so last night we went and watched the local high school, the Lemon Bay Mantas, put a 14-1 beat down on Cape Coral. We were getting a lot of strange looks from parents in the stands.....two guys no one recognized, really into the game, constantly talking to each other about the teams and players. At the end of the night, one parent finally came up to us and asked us who we were there to recruit! LOL

Today we are road tripping 2 hours to USF to watch a double header.....sweet!!!

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
There is a mom in our group who has coached most of the same girls for a few years, I think her and I coached together 2 seasons. she is very vocal and will say things to the girls that perhaps she shouldn't say. Things the current coach should cover. But she gets away with it because of how she says things and how she gets along with all the girls (they love her) and parents. If a kid doesn't run out a base she will yell out something like "hey spanky you think maybe you should be on second right now?"Or "hey princess the tiara won't fall off if you hustle" or on a passed ball "hey scooter you think your too pretty to get dirty? block the ball"...

I told her I would love to take her to a game where no one knows her, and just have her do her thing and tape the reactions in the stands.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
You are a little bit more hard core then me but I will go out and watch games by myself.

I am not a big TV fan, it does not represent the game correctly.

Feb 15, 2011
FL
Been on the wrong end of Lemon Bay twice this season. They are pretty good, DD struck out more than their pitcher, but not enough! And yes you are psycho, but that is evident by you being her on DFP!

Mar 11, 2009
I try and go watch Junior college games for my break once a week and sometimes go to high school practice near work, all so I can see what the talent is like at those levels and I like hearing different perspectives from the coaches. Have picked up several drills and key words to use during a game to help my DD team!

Dec 7, 2011
Welcome to SB-Anonymous

DW & DD will not even watch college ball with me on tv anymore cuz I always need to stop and replay every pitch to define what it was and what the effect of the sequence was.

It's a great game to hyper-analyze and at the same time a terrible way to experience a SB game when ya hyper-analyze.

Hi, my name is Mike, .....and I have a problem..... ;)

May 10, 2010
I have a problem also. My dd is wiser about softball than I am and this year has taught me alot. There is a difference in being dedicated and physco about softball. We fell into a path of always talking about it, not realizing it sucking the fun right out of it. Nothing bad just things like rewinding games, talking about practices, college and such. So now no rewinding, and only 5 min discussion time after a softball event. Its hard kind of a withdrawl thing. Maybe I should invent a softball patch to keep my habit in check.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
My name is Roxanne and I have a problem..My DD is very aware and compassionate about my problem.. She was grounded last week. Only allowed out of house for school and softball. Low and behold she has asked to play catch, practice pitching and go to the cages every day since last Friday. As a result of my problem.. I let her.. :/

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619