Confessions of a pyscho softball dad.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
USF beat St Johns 4-0 and 5-2 and we got to see Sara Nevins throw 70+ MPH live (first time I have ever seen a pitch that fast in person). The girls even got to speak with USF head coach Ken Erikson after the game. USF has a really nice facility and I recommend checking USF out if you are ever in Tampa!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Been on the wrong end of Lemon Bay twice this season. They are pretty good, DD struck out more than their pitcher, but not enough! And yes you are psycho, but that is evident by you being her on DFP!

Lemon Bay is pretty darn good high school team. They have a solid pitcher who is a senior and has signed to play at Jacksonville University (in AL?) and their catcher, a sophomore, is a STUD! I heard that she is verbally committed to Florida.

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
DD, DW and I can't get enough softball either. Last year we watched every level of college play from DI (Stanford) to low level JC. I'm really glad we did that because DD got to see the level of competition at each level which helped her in the choice she made.

On any given weekend we can be found at a softball field, somewhere. We will go to the local rec field for cheezy-fries and a 10U rec softball game; we'll go to the local JC for a tournament; we'll drive 2 hours to catch a DII tournament; we'll drive 2 hours for a Stanford game; we'll go to an ASA tournament, NSA tournament, any tournament... DW and I have never missed one of DD's games since her first year. We are hooked! DW and I are worried about what will become of us once DD goes off to Texas for college.

Does anyone know of a young pitcher that needs to be adopted? Just kidding, sort of... :rolleyes:

Dec 7, 2011
USF beat St Johns 4-0 and 5-2 and we got to see Sara Nevins throw 70+ MPH live (first time I have ever seen a pitch that fast in person). The girls even got to speak with USF head coach Ken Erikson after the game. USF has a really nice facility and I recommend checking USF out if you are ever in Tampa!

Nevins ever figure out how to pitch legally? (she has been a terminal crow-hopper)

(to those keeping score,.....YES,..... I am harping on illegal pitching again)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Nevins ever figure out how to pitch legally?

Both USF pitchers we saw are borderline illegal. They both start with the heel of their push off foot on the front of the rubber and "creep" 3-4 inches forward before they plant and push off. Kind of surprised they have not fixed that after last years CWS. Umpires never said a thing about it, but I am sure they will in the CWS again this year.......when you throw 70+ MPH do you really need that extra 3"?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG