Confession - I am a total softball hoarder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I have not bought new softballs for my teams in 3 years. When I am out walking my dogs, I usually go to the softball fields, where I usually find at least one or two a week in good shape. If I see an unattended game ball at a tournament, I put it in my bucket. I can't possibly be the only one that does this!?:)

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
Hoarder....Some might say frugal, but I call that a tight @$$. ;)

I have been known to keep a game ball or two that doesn't get tossed back in by the end of the game. At $4-$5 per ball, who can blame you?

Apr 13, 2013
I sit behind the left field fence and keep all my DD’s homerun balls and do not throw them back. Oh wait, that has never happened but if it ever did some poor kid is going to get run over with me going for the ball.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Hahaha The head guy for NAFA always sells balls after the season for $1 each, I pick out the best ones.... got so many I could probably support a league :)

Sep 20, 2012
SE Ohio
I have balls that have been hit so often that they are now "bouncy balls" and I still use them in practice. Hoard every 12", 11" and baseball that I can get my hands on. Use the 11" and baseballs in soft toss and tee drills. Girls look at me like I'm crazy. I say, 'if you can hit a baseball, you can hit a 12" softball no problem."

I found a softball in my pantry the other day!
I found a softball in my laundry room on the dryer!
I found a softball in the cushions of my couch!
I found a softball under my car in the garage!

They are all over my car, my husbands truck, my daughters trunk, ball buckets, milk crates, everywhere!

Big yellow balls everywhere!

THANK GOODNESS I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE:)

Apr 9, 2012

They are all over my car, my husbands truck, my daughters trunk, ball buckets, milk crates, everywhere!

This is quite accurate. Ive stepped over a softball in the atrium everyday for a month. Being i have so many theres no need to pick it up for practice.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I have balls that have been hit so often that they are now "bouncy balls" and I still use them in practice. Hoard every 12", 11" and baseball that I can get my hands on. Use the 11" and baseballs in soft toss and tee drills. Girls look at me like I'm crazy. I say, 'if you can hit a baseball, you can hit a 12" softball no problem."

Not to throw "cold water" on your idea, but most composite bat manufacturers state that hitting baseballs or dimple balls voids the warranty.

Apr 1, 2010

Not the only one? You mean there are people who don't have softballs lying around everywhere? I sometimes think we could film our own version of the 'Trouble with Tribbles' using softballs and other softball-related items... :-D

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We play several HS games on fields with a big raven that is fenced off right beside the field. Every time someone hits a foul ball into it, everyone in the crowd says "$5"....I am sure some adventurous sole jumps the fence wonders down there and comes out with $100 worth of balls every time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA