Compliance to the Alliance? $$$$

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
I wouldn't blame Alliance for the game change. That's on the TD and most likely a team dropped, added, blah blah blah.

How about this? DD's soph year on her new 18U team who are scheduled to play an 8am game at Imperial Park in Sugarland, Tx. We show up at 6:40am for warm ups, and notice we are the 1st people to show up. hmmm...that's odd. No one working the fields since it rained the night before. I asked DD if she got an email or text. By the way, she had a cricket phone since I wouldn't buy an iPhone. Well...guess what? Cricket phones didn't accept big group texts, so she had to get team texts relayed to her from a teammate. I called one of the dads on the team. They moved the fields to Conroe (Scrap Yards-45 minutes away). The player didn't relay the text that the fields were moved. You would think the coach would send an email to the parents for something like this!!!! Coach texted team captain who then sent to group text. DD received her used iPhone that week.
Been there, done that! DD had an android and same thing regarding stupid apple group texts. How dumb.

DD got an iphone next day.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
In my opinion these big organizations have ruined things.
Not to be argumentative but just to ask how can you blame the organization's for offering opportunities that people select and choose to play for?

The only way they got so big is because coaches volunteer to coach teams and want to wear their Jersey.
Otherwise people could start their own team with their own name.

Brand names and shiney stuff is something people glob on to. Some people are are okay without brand names. Have started their own team. Other words I don't blame Oakley because I prefer
Ray-Ban. And I don't blame either for being more expensive than something cheaper I could choose.

May 26, 2022
California
Not to be argumentative but just to ask how can you blame the organization's for offering opportunities that people select and choose to play for?

The only way they got so big is because coaches volunteer to coach teams and want to wear their Jersey.
Otherwise people could start their own team with their own name.

Brand names and shiney stuff is something people glob on to. Some people are are okay without brand names. Have started their own team. Other words I don't blame Oakley because I prefer
Ray-Ban. And I don't blame either for being more expensive than something cheaper I could choose.

I totally agree with this...especially in SoCal. There are so many good teams/orgs to choose from. I think it really all depends on the player's endgame. Want to play in college? Great....what level? Want to play travel? Great....what level? Want to just play softball? Once again....what level?

Oct 4, 2018
Yes, DD2 team is PGF bound, but they are still scoring in AGL (and GC) so players can be considered for All Tournament awards.

Yup.

I think over half the families help out on the IT team for our girls. One does GC, one does Facebook, one does SidelineHD, I'm doing AthletesGoLive (this weekend)...

Sheesh, this 12U stuff is a job.

Jun 8, 2016
Yup.

I think over half the families help out on the IT team for our girls. One does GC, one does Facebook, one does SidelineHD, I'm doing AthletesGoLive (this weekend)...

Sheesh, this 12U stuff is a job.
and for those of us who are sometimes, uh, umm, not "welcomed" in the ballpark, we thank you..

Jul 28, 2019
Uh yeah, we played an Alliance tournament last weekend. Tried AGL again. Complete trash. Stopped using it midway through the first game. Just my opinion, YMMV.
iOS or android? We use iOS and it has worked pretty much flawless this season. On our other team the parent uses android and has had sporadic problems.

Mar 10, 2020
Some Orgs. heads are informing/dictating to their coaches to not enter any PGF events. Of course money is involved. Some coaches had already signed up and paid for tourneys prior to be told how to run their team. The teams will probably be suffering a restocking fee. LOL. Thoughts on this situation?
Why would you force teams/parents/coaches/players to accrue the cost of travelling (have you seen the cost of airfare/car rental/gas?) when they could play very competitive tourneys/showcases in their own backyard? TB is expensive enough already and this type of policy is just going to make TB less accessible to more families. I guess the worse part is that the policy was not made clear to coaches and families until after teams were formed.

Most of these Orgs. are 501b non profits.

Time to find a different Org.? I personally am hoping for a major backfire with coaches/teams leaving the dictatorships for freedom.
The coach will stick with the group in most situations . Parents as a group have more power if sticking together. It's when the group is divided tears things apart. Organization are not the team has to stick together.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi