Coach's and Regional Org's control over teams entering tourney's

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2013
NE Ohio
What is written rules by ASA,NSA ,USSSA,PGF about keeping teams out of open tourney's due to personal vendetta 's against a players or teams.

Nov 29, 2009
What is written rules by ASA,NSA ,USSSA,PGF about keeping teams out of open tourney's due to personal vendetta 's against a players or teams.

It's not uncommon the for registration form never having made it to the TD before the deadline or the event was sold out. It is harder today with PGF, NSA & USSSA having the ability to pay for tournaments online. It's puts a stop to some of the nonsense, but not all of it. The other thing is really bad draws for pool games, locations and times. I've been nailed by that a few times.

There is an organization near us who hosts a large and well-attended showcase every year. It's not unheard of for them to keep teams out who they don't like or feel are too weak to show well.

What many people fail to realize is the softball world is small. If you have a coach that's been thrown out of numerous tournaments/games for being a real jerk; as a TD I would not want the hassles that come with the check. I'll avoid what promises to be a bad situation for an unknown coach/team.

Sep 9, 2013
NE Ohio
It's not uncommon the for registration form never having made it to the TD before the deadline or the event was sold out. It is harder today with PGF, NSA & USSSA having the ability to pay for tournaments online. It's puts a stop to some of the nonsense, but not all of it. The other thing is really bad draws for pool games, locations and times. I've been nailed by that a few times.

There is an organization near us who hosts a large and well-attended showcase every year. It's not unheard of for them to keep teams out who they don't like or feel are too weak to show well.

What many people fail to realize is the softball world is small. If you have a coach that's been thrown out of numerous tournaments/games for being a real jerk; as a TD I would not want the hassles that come with the check. I'll avoid what promises to be a bad situation for an unknown coach/team.
unfortunately,sometimes they can take it beyond the usual things you spoke of,which I agree are things you have to do to protect your tournament from incident or keeping your showcase the event you want it to be,just thoght the player/team would have some protection from other reasons not mentioned ,it is a small world but not allways done with the integrity it should.I guess media exposure would be neccesary to expose the impropriety ,but not for both parties.

Mar 26, 2013
Sanctioning bodies only care if the team is in good standing with them and that teams meeting the deadlines be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis for their qualifiers. Other types of events can choose which teams they accept, even when they have room for more.

Nov 29, 2009
Sanctioning bodies only care if the team is in good standing with them and that teams meeting the deadlines be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis for their qualifiers. Other types of events can choose which teams they accept, even when they have room for more.

Try and get into the Independence Day Tournament in Boulder. Good luck with that. My DD's old program got booted because of poor performance over the last few years. The other two are getting harder to get into as well.

DeMarini In Chicago is nearly impossible to get into unless they know you. There are others as well. And if you do get in you're stuck on the really crappy fields away from everything. It can be tough if you're not an established program.

And if they don't like you. You might as well use your application for tinder to light your fireplace.

Nov 29, 2009
I guess media exposure would be neccesary to expose the impropriety ,but not for both parties.

It will never happen. The sport is too small. If teams are lining up to get into the tournament no one really cares. It's about supply and demand.

There's an old saying. If you have a problem 80% of the people don't care. The other 20% are glad it's not theirs.

Mar 26, 2013
Try and get into the Independence Day Tournament in Boulder. Good luck with that. My DD's old program got booted because of poor performance over the last few years. The other two are getting harder to get into as well.

DeMarini In Chicago is nearly impossible to get into unless they know you. There are others as well. And if you do get in you're stuck on the really crappy fields away from everything. It can be tough if you're not an established program.

And if they don't like you. You might as well use your application for tinder to light your fireplace.
Those are NOT qualifiers - showcases are an other type of event. On top of that, both of those have been unsanctioned events and I doubt either one requires teams be registered with PGF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24