Coaching Anger

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I see guys like this about every 4th tourney. You can spot them before you even play. In their 1970s blue jeans even though its 102 out. T shirt that fit them 1000 PBR's earlier. The same lamb chops and mustache they had since 13.

I just completely ignore them, if they are acting foolish. Don't talk to them, don't shake hands, don't join the lineup. Down play it in the dugout. Give the coach and their fans (cause these coaches always have fans that are just like them), the impression that they don't belong in the same complex as us. Then beat them bad. It's a win-win, I don't waste my time with them, and their team and fans get to be pi$$ed off, which is what they came for anyway.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
Thanks everyone! Good support and feedback. I will be working my passive aggressive act from now on. I will only talk with the umpire from now on and smile big when I do it. BTW Red Hot....The Head skipper of this squad let's this guy do his dirty work and stands over there in his jeans quietly. Sadly, my pitcher in this case is going through a phase and very sensitive right now. She took them down in the first inning 3 and out. Then in the second inning when he was yelling commands to his batters while facing her while down at the same distance on the 1st baseline she walked 6 and we took a big hit. We beat them otherwise so I guess he is more interested in messing with a 9 year old. I suppose I will pitch my other pitcher who could care less when she is on the mound. :cool:

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Remember, the only thing he deserves is your pity. That he needs to do these things to win a 10U softball game is absolutely pathetic.

Jul 26, 2010
Just have your 10 year old pitcher tell him that he must be a very lonely man, and that she feels sorry for him, and if he wants, he can hold her dolly.

-W

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I had my team pack up and leave one time. I informed the ump that we weren't going to do this and I wasn't subjecting my girls to this and we were gone. I think the girls were 12 YO and we were LL.

Feb 15, 2011
FL
Starsnuffer you RULE! My dd would love doing that, except she also would require a bat to the head to listen to anyone while in the circle. Unfortunately Amy, these types don't care how they win and leaving would merely provoke them into even more degenerated behavior. Now, finding the TD and demanding a full refund and promising you will advertise to EVERYONE your experience at this tournament with this particular alphabet sanction will have a little more effect. I am very disappointed in the Director, pretty sure in South FL, that would have gotten the coach thrown and an asterisk by his team.

Oct 19, 2009
beyond the fences
I had a 10U rec parent and coach (from opposing team) curse out my pitcher who (9yo)
hit 2 batters in a row in her 1st game ever.
I called time out so the crying pitcher could compose herself, PU
took this opportunity to eject the coach and half the bleacher bums from the other team.
The extremes that parents go to used to amaze me before I became a SB junkie.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild