Coach Bob recovery update

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Thank you all who have been checking in and sharing stories as well as helping me begin planning for a new HS field. I have been back to work forvawhile but fortunately theyre going easy on me :) i still cant use my whole brain and when i have conversations its kind of like i’ve had too much to drink as i just start talking and dont always follow a logical path. That and i dont always remember who i spoke with or what i said. Its weird. The following is an excerpt from a thank you we posted in the local paper. The short version is thank you to all of you (DFPers) who gave me support from the start and helped me to climb out of the hole!

Just over two months have passed since we lost our daughter unexpectedly and we have been seeing that Meghan had touched many lives. Those kids and adults were all experiencing the pain of her loss too and fortunately for us, they began reaching out, telling their stories and showing their love for a lost friend. The outpouring of support from friends, family, neighbors and people we don’t even know has been overwhelming. Lots of people taking care of us as we fumble through uncharted territory. We cant possibly thank everyone enough, so we wanted to publicly thank everyone who has done so much for us and continues to do so as we navigate this painful stretch of our lives. We thank you for giving us space but also being there when we needed it, bringing us food, walking the dog, waiting 2.1/2 hours in line on the hottest day of the year to spend 2.1/2 minutes with us, sharing your condolences and saying good bye to your friend, establishing a charitable foundation in her name, Donating time, money and resources to the foundation, running and participating in a Boxing fundraiser, organizing a first-ever softball tournament in Wakefield and the list goes on!

The Saturday before last, we had the first annual Fly high/Memorial softball tournament. It is unheard of to successfully execute something like this with less than 2 months of preparation, let alone to hold it during the month that all softball families and coaches had planned their vacations. Therefore our family was amazed and psyched to see such a strong response from the community, this was huge! It was fantastic being able to see the players and friends Meghan had played with over the years playing together in a tournament. Seeing the teams from NH demonstrating what to do with a muddy field may have been the highlight of our day! Watching the sliding in the mud during the rain was hugely therapeutic for all of us! (Meghan would’ve been right in there with them) Reminds us that at the end of the day, it is all about having fun!

When we lost our daughter it left a gaping hole in our lives, but now with the help of the community, we will be able to continue her positivity and expand upon it with good works while keeping her with us in spirit.

https://www.localheadlinenews.com/fly-high-softball-burnett/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad