Can we start a dialog about food options at the fields?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 10, 2019
What food options would you like to see available?
I'm talking about either a vendor set up or a vendor who runs the concession stand. Volunteers and teams raising money I understand you get what you get.
What I would like to see? Just a little higher quality like I said. As a start. If people knew there were better options at the field they probably would eat there more.

Jan 25, 2022
Bought a popcorn machine because I was tired of not having great popcorn at home.. As good as any ballpark. Use Bulk palm oil and popcorn and the magic flavorcol. . The prepackaged packs don't come nearly as close in flavor.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I've had one on my wish list for a while but haven't gotten around to it. There's nothing like hot oil popped. The hardware stores around here and Rural King have popcorn too, so I've got those ranked too. RK's popcorn sucks.

Feb 15, 2017
I've had one on my wish list for a while but haven't gotten around to it. There's nothing like hot oil popped. The hardware stores around here and Rural King have popcorn too, so I've got those ranked too. RK's popcorn sucks.
I found mine used from a real estate office that was closing. It is a 6 cup popper which is just about right. 4 cups is too small and 8 cups too big.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Apr 25, 2019
I rank all the high schools in the state (that I've visited) by their popcorn and/or nachos. Some of the best would surprise you. I think we have the best nachos...when the hotdog sauce is on-point.

What is the world is hot dog sauce?? You mean ketchup and mustard??

Aug 1, 2019
MN
Same sentiment on the same dogs and burgers over and over, so we've always tried to do a little better with concessions at our little tourney. Hot dogs and hamburger patties from the local meat shop, pulled pork sandwiches. Need to add brats next year. Little secret on the burgers and dogs, along with the higher quality meat, get higher quality buns, have a decent condiment selection including raw and sauteed onions to make more people happy with their horsemeat. You can justify charging a higher price.
We've tried fruit, granola bars, nuts, "healthy stuff", but it just doesn't sell. A couple dozen doughnuts from the bakery sell well in the mornings.
Giant pickles are easy, profitable, and a huge hit with kids. They sell out fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi