Camps that measure a kids metrics

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Set an academic example and be a role model for the other girls on the team.
My roommate freshmen year had a perfect SAT score....I think he received all D’s. Didn’t help that he drank so much that I started putting towels in between our beds to make the cleanup easier the next morning. Good kid though and he eventually figured it out.

Feb 1, 2021
My roommate freshmen year had a perfect SAT score....I think he received all D’s. Didn’t help that he drank so much that I started putting towels in between our beds to make the cleanup easier the next morning. Good kid though and he eventually figured it out.
Were we roommates? That sounds somewhat familiar...

Feb 1, 2021
Lol..were both your parents Doctors and were you a math major? If so you owe me some new towels...😂
Nope, were you a small Vietnamese engineering student that threw so many chairs out the dorm window they eventually just taped clear plexiglass over the hole instead of replacing it? Lol.

My first two years were pretty incredible, at least what I remember of them. I did eventually figure it out though.

Jun 8, 2016
Nope, were you a small Vietnamese engineering student that threw so many chairs out the dorm window they eventually just taped clear plexiglass of the hole instead of replacing it? Lol.

My first two years were pretty incredible, at least what I remember of them.
Replace small Vietnamese with tallish Lebanese/French and chairs with bats/gloves and you had me nailed.

My main point with the original comment was that really high test scores are more akin to an IQ test than a good predictor that a kid will be model student.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Where does humor fit in?!
Pattar, help please

A power law distribution has the form Y = k Xα, where:

• X and Y are variables of interest,
  • α is the law’s exponent,
  • k is a constant.
Any inverse relationship like Y = X-1 is also a power law, because a change in one quantity results in a negative change in another.

Jun 8, 2016
Pattar, help please

A power law distribution has the form Y = k Xα, where:

• X and Y are variables of interest,
  • α is the law’s exponent,
  • k is a constant.
Any inverse relationship like Y = X-1 is also a power law, because a change in one quantity results in a negative change in another.
Right in your second example k=1 and alpha= -1 assuming you meant to write Y=X^-1 ( eg X raised to the power -1)

Jun 8, 2016
In terms of performance this type of distribution means there are very few exceptional performers, very few really bad performers and a broad range of “average performers”

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
At the beginning of every season when I give the players on our team a talk on recruiting, the biggest takeaway I hope they ingrain in their brain is to cast a wide net. So many times the newest players (typically HS freshmen or sophomores) hand me their top 10 colleges and they are all D1 or even all P5 schools. While I encourage them to chase their dreams, I also remind them to keep their options open. When we face a true D1 pitcher and they strike out every at-bat or while pitching against a very good National level team where 1-9 can all mash and they get hit hard, I tell them to remember these moments when looking at college programs. Sure, they can definitely improve to make high level college teams, but they also have to realize the level of commitment and work it will entail to get there.

Great post V!
We attended 3 camps at Liberty (2 or 3)? Dot Richardson used to preach this EXACT same thing! Speaking to all the parents at the first camp we went to, she said every girl attending here today can play college softball, D1 ball......NO! She said to never discount D3 and Juco schools, she said wherever you end up, it'll be competitive softball that'll line up with your skill set!

She also said to the parents who have that D1 or nothing dream, wake up, you're doing your kid a huge disservice! For you guys here who have never heard her speak, you're missing out big time!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse