UA Softball Factory Tourney

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2022
Our daughter recently participated in the 2022 USA 12u AAG and honestly loved the experience (I highly recommend it). That being said, while we were there, her metrics were evaluated by the Softball Factory (thankfully they matched the metrics from 3 college camps that she had attended this summer, so at least that seemed legitimate). And now she’s received this email invite:

“Congrats on your selection as a 2023 Softball Factory Rookie Pre-Season All-American!”

Based on my internet search it appears to be a tourney that’s held in January at a Texas site (complete with Jennie Finch, etc).

They said a follow up email with additional details (assuming $$$) was coming soon, but in the mean time, my question for the forum is:

Legit or money maker? I’m skeptical by nature so you can guess which way I’m leaning.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Legit in what sense e.g. what are you looking to get out of it?

From the webpage it looks like you will get some instruction, more evaluations and get to play 3 games for $600. That $600 will probably come in handy in a few years when you go play big tournaments/showcases where college coaches can actually show up or want to go to a few college camps 🤷‍♂️

Jul 27, 2022
In all honestly, my gut instinct said it’s a money maker and likely not the best use of our time/money. Her 2009 team played a combo of higher level 12u PGF/USA, with local 14u this past year and have now moved to 14u only. She’s pitched/played in several higher level PGF/USA tournaments, so I think we’ll have to pass. I knew the answer but wanted the collective to back up my thinking, .
Thanks for the insight!

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
'Rookie Preseason All-American' interesting marketing?!🤔

Cannot speak to that event however know that colleges send out blanket emails inviting players to their camps also.

Last edited:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Our daughter recently participated in the 2022 USA 12u AAG and honestly loved the experience (I highly recommend it). That being said, while we were there, her metrics were evaluated by the Softball Factory (thankfully they matched the metrics from 3 college camps that she had attended this summer, so at least that seemed legitimate). And now she’s received this email invite:

“Congrats on your selection as a 2023 Softball Factory Rookie Pre-Season All-American!”

Based on my internet search it appears to be a tourney that’s held in January at a Texas site (complete with Jennie Finch, etc).

They said a follow up email with additional details (assuming $$$) was coming soon, but in the mean time, my question for the forum is:

Legit or money maker? I’m skeptical by nature so you can guess which way I’m leaning.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!!

Did they promote this 2nd event as a goal for people that attended the USA12u AAG event you went to? That if the players metrics measured up to a certain amount they would be able to be invited /attend this?

As far as the event you already went to it sounds like you got some solid information that was comparable to other information you had so in that way that was good.

But what are you hoping to get out of the next event?

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
In all honestly, my gut instinct said it’s a money maker and likely not the best use of our time/money. Her 2009 team played a combo of higher level 12u PGF/USA, with local 14u this past year and have now moved to 14u only. She’s pitched/played in several higher level PGF/USA tournaments, so I think we’ll have to pass. I knew the answer but wanted the collective to back up my thinking, .
Thanks for the insight!

Y'all ever play that NT88 team out of Texas? We played them once (in OKC) and it was interesting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles